starter

-

oktire

oktire
Reaction score
Built a 474BB 13.5/1 in need of a better starter. any ideas?
dont turn over fast enough to fire the msd.

i suggest getting a better battery first, the more cranking amps the happier it will be. a mini shouldn't have any trouble with that compression ratio. another thing, what's your timing set at?

Timing is at 34adv new 850amp interstate Im going try another starter just might be a bad one.

So I bought a new power master starter the high torq high speed 200# torq and it don't fit I even removed the mounting plate it's self and that won't line up it hits the block before it's even close to fitting any ideas.

Is the motor fresh and your just trying to get it fired up? Is the interstate a deep cycle?

I've seen fresh motors draw on more than one batt to get it fired up. Just depends how tite it is.

So I bought a new power master starter the high torq high speed 200# torq and it don't fit I even removed the mounting plate it's self and that won't line up it hits the block before it's even close to fitting any ideas.

Robbmcperfomance.com

I used a starter motor for a 1988 4WD Dakota 3.9L V6. Slid right in.

-
Back