Steve Dulcich on building a budget 318

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone on here ever actually prove anything with a 318 Post dyno slip and actual cost? Fo example 318 wr you watch his yt videos his cars run a predictable et at the strip he doesnt show for example any real gains for the efforts. this iisnt a jab at him but hes not proving anything not already known. there is no cheap majic to be performed on a 318 that nets any real gains. The video posted is THE recipe period. How much does it cost? Dont cite Vizards 318 project that isnt even finished and it would cost a fortune so it isnt cheap no 318 person on here would ever build it.Its just guys being cheap and bullheaded about the fact that 318s are boat anchors.
WHERE IS THAT DAMN RED X????
Everyone doesn't want something that won't idle and gets 7 mpg .. many people just want to work with the original engine that came in their car and just soup it up a little...
We don't all need 600hp, if I can get a true 225-230ish hp, as these engines used to be advertised as, (not saying that they were actually good for those numbers even then) that will be a significant noticeable difference for many, and will go quite a ways towards making many people's projects more fun while still being a cool cruiser.... But going from ~140-150ish to that 225-230ish actual, you can't tell me your car won't drive like a different one. And different "for the better"
The 318 has become the new /6 for being hated on ... And it's BS .... Nothing wrong with the 318.

Last edited:
Who are these knuckle draggers who don’t want 600 plus HP? a I want to know who does NOT want 600 plus horsepower. I have some barely used golf clubs for that guy. And a badminton racquet too.
It appears you may be the uncomprehending knuckle dragger.
As Rusty stated, " a good man has to know his limits".

It appears you may be the uncomprehending knuckle dragger.
As Rusty stated, " a good man has to know his limits".

I told him that…. I think 3 times… but of course he comes back with a pile of BS and threatening me with an *** beating while complaining like a little girl on my calling him a little girl.

Act like one get treated like one.

Bottom line, he’s a dumbass!

I think it's probably best to close this thread down. I'll just shut it off so you can read through the last few pages for a few laughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back