Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good Morning All! I'm getting extremely nervous about our build, just saw an article in our local paper that says our builder is facing up to 9 months for assault. Seems his girlfriend was smacking him around as they were driving down the road,then he kicked her off his property and she came back. She then tried to force entry and they tangled, all in the article. Oh boy...
like dealing with them doing the job ain't challenging enough. So, its his business?

Yes, he's our builder and we've been waiting for him to take the signed build contract along with the materials sheet for the house and shop to the bank. Bank needs that for appraisal, loan is sitting in underwriting, been 2 weeks.

Yes, he's our builder and we've been waiting for him to take the signed build contract along with the materials sheet for the house and shop to the bank. Bank needs that for appraisal, loan is sitting in underwriting, been 2 weeks.
I would call him on it..." I see this, I don't like it. You are already dragging your feet, what can I expect..."
Does he already have some of your $?

I would call him on it..." I see this, I don't like it. You are already dragging your feet, what can I expect..."
Does he already have some of your $?

We have had quite a bit done though him, at least we own the plans. I do plan on confronting him to see what his contingency is, thanks.

We have had quite a bit done though him, at least we own the plans. I do plan on confronting him to see what his contingency is, thanks.
If you like what he has done, maybe stick with him on a play by play basis. Keep the payout per work done pretty tight so you don't have much to lose at any point if he can't/doesn't finish for any reason.

We aren't to the pay out phase yet, ground is not broken, he coordinated water/filtration, septic, driveway etc. He has been a good builder, did a nice job on friends house other side of the lake.

If you like what he has done, maybe stick with him on a play by play basis. Keep the payout per work done pretty tight so you don't have much to lose at any point if he can't/doesn't finish for any reason.
In CA contractors have to have completion insurance. At least if a Bank has funded the build. Not to protect you, but the Bank.

I never had anything built for myself, but have overseen many contract jobs while I was a facility manager. The largest was a multimillion expansion of the cold storage warehouse. Most early payments were either very close or behind the delivery of materials. Due to the length of the job, there were payments for work as steps were completed, but always a significant amount held till completion of each contractors portion. And final was not payable till we had an occupancy permit. While the payouts were not my area, I was the one the bean counters asked what was done. Not the general...

Yes there is insurance and also there will be monthly inspections by the bank, then I have to sign off on the payout. We aren't there yet, hoping to be soon. There are 24 employees in the business but I don't know how many do his function.

Yes there is insurance and also there will be monthly inspections by the bank, then I have to sign off on the payout. We aren't there yet, hoping to be soon. There are 24 employees in the business but I don't know how many do his function.
With that many employees at least it's good odds that your place will get done. Just never know what the business structure is. Some places have hundreds of employees and NOTHING happens without the bosses approval. Others have 5 and the boss can take the day off without a glitch.

Graded driveway. Lots of potholes. That will teach me for stealing gravel off municipal road.all it did was make more holes...

Loaded customer’s tractor, about to deliver it.

Graded driveway. Lots of potholes. That will teach me for stealing gravel off municipal road.all it did was make more holes...
LOL. My son was just telling me yesterday... They live in the woods and municipal tars and gravels their road in the fall. Then comes back in the spring with a sweeper to reclaim some of the gravel. He went out ahead of them a couple weeks agou an swept op several wheelbarrow loads to widen his parking area.

I caught a squirrel in my shed. In the outer layer of a roll of chicken wire.
Most likely there since the fall.
Dude had a pretty good thing going till this happened. The roll was sitting in a barrel with a bunch of burlap sacks in the bottom. Had a nice pile of comfy shredded burlap to sleep in.

08D15CC2-0E5D-4DD3-AD4F-BD7259376E41.jpeg

Delivered tractor. Wants a 3 point trailer hitch attatchment built.

That's done.
I was thinking I would like to do more with these hops. Maybe add more/taller posts etc. But so far I haven't done anything with them. This teepee setup works good as long as they are just 'ornamental'. So just going to continue with it for now.

D82DC4B3-A776-465D-97AC-0DF474A7D66D.jpeg

That's done.
I was thinking I would like to do more with these hops. Maybe add more/taller posts etc. But so far I haven't done anything with them. This teepee setup works good as long as they are just 'ornamental'. So just going to continue with it for now.

View attachment 1715324590
I need to order some hops

-
Back