Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
There is no math. Just hook to one coil and it only fires once per revolution. You only need to divide if the coil fires more than once per revolution.

On single coil systems you need to divide by the number of cylinders it fires for. With each cylinder getting its own coil, no division required.

If you are using a tach with multiple cylinder selection only, then divide by that number of cylinders.
so if the meter has a setting for only 6 or 8 cylinders, am I hosed?

Of course, if you have a timing light that displays RPM you just use that and forget the rest.

‘64 Fish...

CCE67417-2EC7-43F6-9558-A40528FD65B2.jpeg

Which? seriously have a few when I get back home I will dig them out think I have one that does 1, 3, 6 and 8.

Got the section of frame rail done that i wanted to replace on my trailer.
Replace bushings and bolts in suspension and then i can carry on with getting deck done.
Its getting there. But too damn slowly.

Got the section of frame rail done that i wanted to replace on my trailer.
Replace bushings and bolts in suspension and then i can carry on with getting deck done.
Its getting there. But too damn slowly.
It always seems too slow... Then one day, you're done. Just keep plugging away.

Guide pins stuck, or pads hung up in mounts where they slide back and forth. Should slide easy. Also on rear, after winding piston out you cycle e brake lever to walk piston out until pads contact rotor.
Nothing stuck. Came with new inserts for pad slides, so if that was an issue should not be now. I did cycle the piston back out.

But idle on the 6 cylnder setting would be 6K rpm. a bit off the guage.
Sure its not the other way around?
It triggers once where the meter assumes it will fire 4, 6. or 8 times. So to read it on the 4 scale, multiply by 4.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it
until someone fixes it.

That Innova Automotive Multimeter isn't bad if you don't already have a digital multimeter.
It has regular tach function.
upload_2019-5-26_17-36-57.png

and comes with an inductive clamp which also can be used for rpm
upload_2019-5-26_17-37-52.png

It triggers once where the meter assumes it will fire 4, 6. or 8 times. So to read it on the 4 scale, multiply by 4.
until someone fixes it.
I like it.. So my 1000 rpm idle will show 333? I'm gonna have a blast playing with this crap!

until someone fixes it.
That right, the selector for the number of cylinders does an automatic division by that number. If it only fires once, you have to multiply the readout by the number of cylinders selected.

In Ben’s case, if he selects 6 cylinders and hooks it to just one coil, he has to multiply the readout by 6.

That right, the selector for the number of cylinders does an automatic division by that number. If it only fires once, you have to multiply the readout by the number of cylinders selected.

In Ben’s case, if he selects 6 cylinders and hooks it to just one coil, he has to multiply the readout by 6.
If hes not sure, can look at tach on dash and compare to meter.

until someone fixes it.
F IT hook it up and compare it to the mech tach and see what it is! That's my story and drinking to it!

Well with all this rain it is making my titanium knee sing. In an effort to keep the arthritis at bay I drug home a used CL schwinn exercise bike. They practically gave it away. It is heavier than sin but I wrestled it downstairs and decided to set it up. I am determined not to lose the mobility and range of motion on my knee to arthritis. Upright bicycle is great at forcing the knee to bend. I lasted just under 4 minutes and took a whiskey break. Which has now turned into a prolonged break. I have decided I am not a fan of the whole stationary bike thing.

Well with all this rain it is making my titanium knee sing. In an effort to keep the arthritis at bay I drug home a used CL schwinn exercise bike. They practically gave it away. It is heavier than sin but I wrestled it downstairs and decided to set it up. I am determined not to lose the mobility and range of motion on my knee to arthritis. Upright bicycle is great at forcing the knee to bend. I lasted just under 4 minutes and took a whiskey break. Which has now turned into a prolonged break. I have decided I am not a fan of the whole stationary bike thing.
Got me one of them fancy stationary bikes myself. Not a fan!

-
Back