Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The boy cracks me up...."Dad...I cant these bolts loose"
Me "Go grab the breaker bar and bring it here"
Son "That's not gonna do anything...the impact wouldnt budge them"
Me (putting socket on and breaking bolts loose) "There ya go Mary....go grab one of the long handled ratchets and take them out....leverage is man's best friend. Impacts dont always take things out but, breaker always does"....
I have told him this 100 times...one day he will get tired of hearing or being shown up by me that he will learn....maybe...lol

Me (putting socket on and breaking bolts loose) "There ya go Mary....go grab one of the long handled ratchets and take them out....leverage is man's best friend. Impacts dont always take things out but, breaker always does"....
I have told him this 100 times...one day he will get tired of hearing or being shown up by me that he will learn....maybe...lol
“Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum upon to which to place it, and I shall move the World.”

-Archimedes

View attachment 1715395944
I hope they still listen to Texas Radio and the Big Beat even if its not on AM from across the border...

Wolfman Jack was on XTRA Rosalito Mexico when I lived further south. Booming transmitter, probably covered most of the southwest. KFI 640 in LA, I listened to Lohman and Barkley in the mornings when I was observing deer in the farmer's fields in Colorado. :D Lohman and Barkley was some funny chit. :rofl:. Had to listen to their soap opera "Light of My Life" every morning or my day would turn to chit :lol:.

My 3/4”isnt stopped by much. But i agree with the long bar.
And a 6 foot pipe. Just because the impact wont move it doesent mean it cant be moved...

My 3/4”isnt stopped by much. But i agree with the long bar.
And a 6 foot pipe. Just because the impact wont move it doesent mean it cant be moved...

I had a 4' snipe at the rockfarm that was fitted on one end for the 24" Rigid pipe wrench and the other end was sleeved down for the 3/4" drive breaker bar. That snipe broke more gypo pipe wrenches and that old Rigid just kept on wrenchin' on.

Quick tip,use rubber hose over the breaker bar handle to avoid warranty refusal.
Its up to the tool rep though.
I had a 9/16” deep snap on that never saw an air tool. I cracked it. Snap on rep refused, claimed i used an impact.
He wasnt around long,next rep didnt bat an eye.

Speaking of warranty, im sure impressed with the 7/8” box end ratchet that was replaced. Its 2x the tool that the original was.

Quick tip,use rubber hose over the breaker bar handle to avoid warranty refusal.
Its up to the tool rep though.
I had a 9/16” deep snap on that never saw an air tool. I cracked it. Snap on rep refused, claimed i used an impact.
He wasnt around long,next rep didnt bat an eye.

When I broke my tools workin' on their junk, they bought me a new one.

When i first go into this mess, no tool allowance, no boot allowance.
I found out they had my tools insured though. Funny they would never mention that.

I think it slipped out the day the shop roof leaked,and basically filled every drawer of my toolbox with water. I spent 1/2 the day cleaning my tools and toolbox.
They never said a word.

I always tell him if you cant break it loose....you ain't trying hard enough....lol

When I was running maintenance at the cold storage I had a couple guys bigger than me that would sometimes not be able to break something loose. I’d get it moving and they give me the ‘how?’ I’d just tell them “You need to want it out more than it wants to be there.” Lol

My buddy will be there with his Bird...I wonder if he knows about that. He said they aren't doing a parade lap with the wing cars this year.

IMG952181.jpg

Flaming wrench always wins!!! Normally dont have to use it...but when I do it always wins!!!

I havent had cutting torches in years. Propane is all i need. And an air chisel. Ok,plasma torch too...

I havent had cutting torches in years. Propane is all i need. And an air chisel. Ok,plasma torch too...
Had to cut off some offending metal a few days ago installing my new winch on car trailer. Could not get to two bolts, out came the heat...easy fix..:thumbsup:

Last edited:
-
Back