Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just got back from the Maryland Motor Vehicle Div... What a P.I.A. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: Had to get my REAL ID verified for Homeland Security. I hate going there...Im sure it is the same in other States.....:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

That is one thing about going to Florida part time. You go online and make an appointment at the better DMV in the area. You walk in let them know you are there and your appointment number. 15 minutes you are in, go to your paperwork and 15 minutes you are out. Not so here in MN.

Unfortunately most people that come there have no idea how to, or that you can even make an online appointment. So they sit there for hours and hours on first come first served basis.

They look at me as I sail through there, how did that guy get in and out so quick, when we have been sitting here all morning.

Pays to keep up on how to use technology.

Well it is official, i signed my contract extension with the guard this afternoon

Just got back from the Maryland Motor Vehicle Div... What a P.I.A. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: Had to get my REAL ID verified for Homeland Security. I hate going there...Im sure it is the same in other States.....:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
Funny, but I did the same thing this afternoon at the PA DMV. I had all my paperwork and camera card already and it still took 2 hours. Ugh!

Funny, but I did the same thing this afternoon at the PA DMV. I had all my paperwork and camera card already and it still took 2 hours. Ugh!
Here, you need 2 proofs of residency and a birth certificate, and SS Card. Well, the DMV was using the notice they sent as one form of residency. Then a bill or something else. Well, they were not allowed to use that. Had to redo millions of ID's.
Already Have Your California REAL ID? You May Have A Real Problem

Last edited:
Here, you need 2 proofs of residency and a birth certificate, and SS Card. Well, the DMV was using the notice they sent as one form of residency. Then a bill or something else. Well, they were not allowed to use that. Had to redo millions of ID's.

Within the last month or so DMV sent me a letter/form to fill out that is to be the 2nd proof of residency. I went through the Real ID challenge last October. About a week later I heard on the traffic AM station I use in LA and found that my REAL ID was junk. Only took them 10 months to rectify it :lol:.

1df4a8a906efe44006564956bdad905b--the-movie-corvette-summer.jpg

Not even a hot girl could make that Vette look good :rofl:

b8e3503d9a893a19b02215c5f1992d2f.jpg

Ashamed to admit it, but I have never seen all of American Graffiti :BangHead:
If you have the opportunity, its worth watching once for nothing else than the cars, actors/actresses and as film of some importance in pop culture.

Its pretty chill. Not like Bullitt, Mad Max, or Vanishing Point
Reminds me I should set up a TV and DVD or VCR as I'd like to see The French Connection again. Only have seen it on commercial TV - years ago.

If you have the opportunity, its worth watching once for nothing else than the cars, actors/actresses and as film of some importance in pop culture.

Its pretty chill. Not like Bullitt, Mad Max, or Vanishing Point
Reminds me I should set up a TV and DVD or VCR as I'd like to see The French Connection again. Only have seen it on commercial TV - years ago.
It is a lot better if you visit Modesto, where they filmed it. Modesto has kept that part of town like it was in the movie, for the most part..

NYC sure aint nothing like it was when The French Connection was filmed.
That's not entirely a bad thing.
thefrenchconnection17.jpg

i098840.jpg

I thought it came out of the Virginia swamps...
It sure did! Some think that's where Morrison first heard it..
Wolfman broadcast from a lot of places, including the Wash DC area so maybe that's the reference. That would have been early 60s.
Apparently he had a couple crosses burned on his lawn when living there..

Picked up the boy at the airport.
Long ride.
He gets off plane, it starts raining.
Drop him off at home, rain quits.
Strange....

-
Back