Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
harlequin bugs
suck
upload_2019-10-20_10-1-1.png

the leaves
causing the brown patches

Japanese beetles? Do they stink when you smash them? LOL
They like roses. Also hops. Not sure what I am doing with the hops. Has just been more of an ornamental... If I ever get around to brewing, will probably get the kits anyway. Might take them out and let some string beans grow up the pole next year.

Last edited:
Well that's depressing.
There’s 3 bigger cruises that are pulling most of the locals. Plus two local fall festivals, this was the first year/attempt for this local cruise so I’m not surprised

Good morning everyone by the way. I just had a little to eat and feels fine this morning. A good Sunday morning, but on the chilly side (for here to be), was only 62 inside this morning. So, the heater is being used, and have been for like over a week to take the cold and moist out of the house before turning it off again.

Bill

Those Skylarks aren't bad looking once you ditch those ridiculous fender skirts. Must be about the same size physically as a Fury? I'll have to look that up.

Did you read the link I sent about copper brake lines.

Volvo introduced them in 1976, and it is still cars with those brake lines that run today. Volve has always been recognized for their safety, and their brakes has been one of their main contributions for that. So, it is beyond me that now, 43 years later people still think they are going to die if their cars use the same brand lines as a Volvo. Volvo has had their hiccups over the years and people can like them or dislike.them, but not a single person on this planet can take brake safety away from them. The copper alloy used for their brake lines do not harden like a pure copper does. It is DOT.approved too.

Bill

I read it after I posted....

But they are not using pure copper, but a copper blend...

I guess the first question we need to ask is year, make, and model with photos to go along with it. WTF?
Yea. I just tried that in the latest cluster.
Apparently people think we can see through the screen (well maybe Chris's phone can but that's another story)
Gonna leave that one to Del, if he feels like it. It's a 67 Barracuda body with a 400, and a dead battery and lots of electrical mods that we can guess at.
Maybe Ray will provide his internet diagnostic crystal ball...
crystal-ball-fortune-teller.jpg

We back up to the woods and too many critters to try a garden. That's what the Farmers Market is for. A lot easier for sure!!

Me too... 2nd house on the block across the street from a forest preserve....

We tried growing some seeds once and it was a bust...

I read it after I posted....

But they are not using pure copper, but a copper blend...

Yes, it is made for brake lines. But it is common in Europe to just call it copper brake lines, and everyone knows it is a special thing and I have never ever seen copper oil / fuel lines in that size, so there is never a mixup between those two materials.

Bill

We're gonna go to battle creek today to hang out with my buddy Ron... His oldest daughter just had a baby last weekend on my birthday...

That’s the balance I was thinking of. It is a GSS car, but it doesn’t need to be overdone. Why stroke it when 340 cubes is plenty...and true to its origins.

Only because I dont have a complete short block. I can go to 416 for roughly the same price is all. Without matching numbers, it really doesnt matter too much if the insides are bigger.

Only because I dont have a complete short block. I can go to 416 for roughly the same price is all. Without matching numbers, it really doesnt matter too much if the insides are bigger.
That guy I bought the VAT40 from had 2 340 short blocks he was selling.
Doubt he'll ship but I could probably get one on a pallet a bring to a fastenal.
Let me know if your interested - and I can PM you the links

That guy I bought the VAT40 from had 2 340 short blocks he was selling.
Doubt he'll ship but I could probably get one on a pallet a bring to a fastenal.
Let me know if your interested - and I can PM you the links

I may be interested depending on $$$

-
Back