Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Rural kings have a short life span as well.

The best brand I’ve found to date as far as longevity is Deka. We’ve converted to all deka in everything. Usually get 8-10 years out of a car battery, tractor batteries 10-15 years.
Deka is made near here by East Penn. Not sure what other names they use. I saw somewhere that Duracell car batteries are theirs. Thats what I have in the Duster. My other cars have Duralasts.

So. Many years back, guy wants to replace his battery under warranty. Had it only a few weeks. Shows up at a very busy time,other 2 parts guys are out to lunch. Store full of customers, i hastily test battery, its 100% perfect. Customer insists battery is faulty, and backs his opinion by stating hes a nuclear scientist. I load test battery, load tester is smoking and battery is holding with no sign of failure. would not accept it. Wants a new battery. I call supplier, they ok the replacement.

give him the new battery,bookkeeper in the back of the store was amazed that i didnt lose my cool,and same went for a few customers that took my side.
Two week later, same customer walks in with a starter in a box....
You have no idea how much i wanted to kick his ***. at the same moment i felt vindicated.

If it was me, i would have gone elsewhere for a starter.

nuclear scientist? My ***.

Deka is made near here by East Penn. Not sure what other names they use. I saw somewhere that Duracell car batteries are theirs. Thats what I have in the Duster. My other cars have Duralasts.
I think the auto value is east penn as well

So. Many years back, guy wants to replace his battery under warranty. Had it only a few weeks. Shows up at a very busy time,other 2 parts guys are out to lunch. Store full of customers, i hastily test battery, its 100% perfect. Customer insists battery is faulty, and backs his opinion by stating hes a nuclear scientist. I load test battery, load tester is smoking and battery is holding with no sign of failure. would not accept it. Wants a new battery. I call supplier, they ok the replacement.

give him the new battery,bookkeeper in the back of the store was amazed that i didnt lose my cool,and same went for a few customers that took my side.
You have no idea how much i wanted to kick his ***. at the same moment i felt vindicated.

When he came back in, Should have been sorry, we don’t sell that here.

Morning. Yup that sounds like the guys we used to deal with in Cali from Aimes, NASA

upload_2019-11-24_7-45-18.jpeg

any one need a SBP KH disk set up just posted it in cool parts finds, don't think the guy knows what he has.

Last edited:
Good Morning! I saw that happen just Friday after work. I am buying a wheel bearing for my Neon. This guy brings in a battery and says he needs a new one. The guy gets him a replacement and as he is purchasing it he says " I knew it was going bad....it started a couple weeks ago that when you turn the key it just goes wwwiiiiinnnnnggg. Now it won't turn the starter at all it just goes wwwiiiiinng." I bet he is back for a starter

All my batteries are made in the US. Exide is not anything better.

Re-read what I stated, start and run time has never made any difference on battery life across the past 13 years. My charging system works perfectly, and always has. 12.1 to 12.5 volts measured directly from the battery is perfectly normal...and fully charged on an older battery.

It’s when it drops below 12 volts that you know it’s failing.
That drive out to Red Lion seems to have helped saturate the red top in my Baccaruda.
Before pulling out of the garage the other day, I put it on the automagic charger. Even at 14.3 Volts it wasn't drawing any current.
upload_2019-11-24_8-19-57.png

Good Morning! I saw that happen just Friday after work. I am buying a wheel bearing for my Neon. This guy brings in a battery and says he needs a new one. The guy gets him a replacement and as he is purchasing it he says " I knew it was going bad....it started a couple weeks ago that when you turn the key it just goes wwwiiiiinnnnnggg. Now it won't turn the starter at all it just goes wwwiiiiinng." I bet he is back for a starter
Did you ever solve your 60mph idle problem?

Yup whatever the bucket is rated at. They are 3000lb rated. Pretty happy with them actually.

Yup whatever the bucket is rated at. They are 3000lb rated. Pretty happy with them actually.

just be careful testing the limits, bucket will bend.
The cutting edge isnt as tough as you would think.

Mine barely picks up just the engine but it is a Kioti
I have forks on my 3 point, no good for loading but its awesome for moving stuff. Like today, moving the new tub from storage up to the house.

-
Back