Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Nobody and I mean nobody wants to see me on coffee. My motor runs all day, caffeine is not my friend. For whatever reason I have a metabolism that lets me purr just as soon as feet hit the floor in morning. One soda pop or a bunch of holiday treats and I am ricocheting all over the walls. And the caffeine eats a hole in my tummy, but I can eat jalapeños raw with a sandwich all day. Makes no sense but GI tract loves spicy food I can eat super hot Thai and have a happy tummy but caffeine Tylenol all that kind of stuff gives me heartburn.

i cant do spicy. Maybe a little.

Mike, your new flashing avatar is reminding of an evacuation alarm every time I see it. Makes me think I pressed the wrong computer key!
I changed it. Annoying! I like my cocktail glass better.

43591.gif

Welcome to the early Winter rollercoaster that makes everyone sick.

55* and raining today going down to 35* tomorrow night with rain, snow and sleet along the way. Then back up to the low 50s on Saturday before plunging again early next week.

I saw fools at the gas station tonight wearing shorts and sandals while gassing up. Tomorrow, they will still be wearing the same and next week they will wonder why they have the Flu.

Men in Black had it right. A person may be smart...but people are idiots.

I hear the national anthem playing on our local tv station, time to get up men and ladies !! 55 degrees this morning!!

View attachment 1715435341

I wonder how a 273 in a 65 Dart would sound with Trush mufflers.

All I hear about is the Flowmasters, no one seem to talk about Trush anymore. I remember they were popular in the 80ties in Norway, but that is all I know about them.

Bill

Welcome to the early Winter rollercoaster that makes everyone sick.

55* and raining today going down to 35* tomorrow night with rain, snow and sleet along the way. Then back up to the low 50s on Saturday before plunging again early next week.

I saw fools at the gas station tonight wearing shorts and sandals while gassing up. Tomorrow, they will still be wearing the same and next week they will wonder why they have the Flu.
Well we had a almost twenty degree warming trend today, just almost got back up to zero. It is -12F as we speak and dropping fast. Nobody was wearing shorts up here today! Hah!

Well we had a almost twenty degree warming trend today, just almost got back up to zero. It is -12F as we speak and dropping fast. Nobody was wearing shorts up here today! Hah!
Idiots around here will be wearing shorts in near zero weather. They somehow think that the inside of their car with the heat on is the real World environment.

People around here are rodents that think all reality is whatever they experienced last...right up until they freeze to death.

Idiots around here will be wearing shorts in near zero weather. They somehow think that the inside of their car with the heat on is the real World environment.

People around here are rodents that think all reality is whatever they experienced last...right up until they freeze to death.

Oh my, you and my dad would have been on the same page. He was a truck owner and driver and was clearing snow in the winter. And he hated when these young boys were going to a drinking party on a Friday evening, in a white shirt on the skin, a thin summer jacket, black suit pants, summer socks and shiny shoes, it was far below freezing, it was a whiteout, they ended in the ditch, and he had to do the job of getting them out so he could pass. They could not go outside of the car because they would freeze to death if they did. Then when he struggled finding somewhere to fasten the rope, they cranked down the window and shouted out, are you done soon ? Oh my did that piss him off. lol

Bill

So I guess rust under the oil cap is normal??

1995 Ford ranger with a 4.0 155k miles

I took the cap off to do an oil change and it's rusty and mushy looking. The rest of the engine compartment looks flawless and clean

The truck runs like an absolute top with no known issues

20191210_194158.jpg

All I hear about is the Flowmasters, no one seem to talk about Trush anymore. I remember they were popular in the 80ties in Norway, but that is all I know about them.

Bill
Well, this is what a mildly worked 318 sounds like in a ‘66 Dart with a Flow Master exhaust sounds like.

I took the cap off to do an oil change and it's rusty and mushy looking. The rest of the engine compartment looks flawless and clean

View attachment 1715436104

My wife's 06 Charger with 5.7 liter Hemi has a problem with sludge under the oil filler cap. It happens mostly during wintertime and when driving in the city for too long with no long trips. But, the filler tube is made of plastic I think, the cap too. But, the sludge is obviously formed by oil and water. When we drive the car on a long trip at higher speed, the sludge goes away and it is totally clear again. Just a thin film of clean oil.
If the engine had a steel filler tube I am 100% sure it would have been rusted. So, I would think the car is driven a lot on short trips. But, I am not going to be surprised if you tell me it is driven on long trips only, because there is no rules without an exception. :D

Bill

Normal. Worser up here,water pouring out from underside of cap and full of grey slime.

dodge 1/2 tons with 4.7 will accumulate water in the pan. Too much aluminnium...

No surprise, the moisture from the oil is driven off and it collects under the oil cap and creates a mushy mess of corrosion and other gunk blown off from the hot oil. As long as the rest of the engine is clean, wipe it off and ignore it.

Bill
Thrush is the cheapest POS muffler on the planet. Well, they used to be back in the 70's.

14516377_1281779361835330_7367615526709106645_n.jpg2.jpg

-
Back