Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I think I poured too much Woodford Reserve. Naw !!!

20200402_162026.jpg

Chris that thing back fire trying to start? If it were me, I would remove the carb, and without turning it over, look at the butterflies to make sure they are completely closed. After setting the timing to 10 degrees....BTDC

I wish you were closer Chris. I'd like to take a stab at that Poly and see what it's doing.
I have a feeling it’s something to do with that flapper. It’s rusted completely closed. Went to cut it out this morning and noticed my oxygen was empty. The gas place in town is closed due to the virus. Tried an air chisel to no avail

I have a feeling it’s something to do with that flapper. It’s rusted completely closed. Went to cut it out this morning and noticed my oxygen was empty. The gas place in town is closed due to the virus. Tried an air chisel to no avail
Flapper wont cause fast idle. It will be sluggish and maybe overheat.

did you check the back ventureies like I asked? Block them with our hand while running. Is there any vacuum there?
It's sucking fuel and getting air somewhere. Pretty steady it sounds like. I would say carb bleeding over but that issue usually doesn't cause a steady raise in rpm. Carb related I would bet. Timing will raise rpm a bit but if it get's too far advanced or retarded it will run like ****.

did you check the back ventureies like I asked? Block them with our hand while running. Is there any vacuum there?
I didn’t fire up today. Worked on plumbing the new gas tank and lines and tried to unfreeze that flapper. I will try it the next time I fire it up, possibly tomorrow

It's sucking fuel and getting air somewhere. Pretty steady it sounds like. I would say carb bleeding over but that issue usually doesn't cause a steady raise in rpm. Carb related I would bet. Timing will raise rpm a bit but if it get's too far advanced or retarded it will run like ****.
Could be the choke fast idle is stuck......You DO have the 12 volt on the choke hooked up. right? Bet not. Connect that to the hot wire.....Bet we found the fast idle issue...

I have been restoring some vintage WWII Superman comic book covers. These are fun to do!

F0733052-E494-4D38-8395-808964985327.jpeg

00DCEB6C-36C1-4CE8-80ED-D63277FF114E.jpeg

7D1C30FF-4C10-4FD4-83F8-B8FA69175A67.jpeg

CB41625D-ACD5-4D02-858D-F34E1B99541C.jpeg

07F9BE40-5A76-4830-8822-9D904653BA96.jpeg

Could be the choke fast idle is stuck......You DO have the 12 volt on the choke hooked up. right? Bet not. Connect that to the hot wire.....Bet we found the fast idle issue...
Yes, it’s hooked up and to the battery

-
Back