Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Those in that pic look like to ones on my 74, cant tell without dimensions though.

Doesn't help look in the parts book for the number.
Dont worry about it. I found em.. @halifaxhops
screenshot-6-png.png

Good Morning All!
Good Morning.
Hey while your grazing on that great looking muffin I have a question.
I'm putting a lift in my new garage first space near the left wall.
How much space from the wall to the far side of the lift does it take?? 15"??
Just trying to plan.
I think I was going 30x40. I might just go 35x40 and add a little storage space for one end, and a man cave on the other end.
I have decided to go wood frame. We have trees in the backyard. They will be trimmed back, and one removed before construction. If a limb falls you can repair a wood frame, not so easy with metal.

Last edited:
I am seriously feeling the pain from the 9 month purgatory in paint shop. I am thrashing on Demon in prime weather. Our summers are so short every day is like gold. Irks me I am under dash and the sun is shining. I should be focusing on outdoor junk not the car. Painter put me months behind. So it goes, at least I am making progress. I want to drive it this summer.

Good Morning.
Just trying to plan.
I think I was going 30x40. I might just go 35x40 and add a little storage space for one end, and a man cave on the other end.
I have decided to go wood frame. We have trees in the backyard. They will be trimmed back, and one removed before construction. If a limb fell you can repair a wood frame, not so easy with metal.
My lift bay is 14ft wide, but it is lower than the rest of the shop. My lift posts are 15in off of the wall on both sides. I can pass by easily. But a Fat man might have trouble......No, Im not talking about you Craig.....:thumbsup:

Craig Since it is new construction theres a ton of stuff I should have done. Running water, floor drains, translucent panels on the sides, spray foam etc. 220 3 phase is pretty much a must for a decent compressor.

My lift bay is 14ft wide, but it is lower than the rest of the shop. My lift posts are 15in off of the wall on both sides. I can pass by easily. But a Fat man might have trouble......No, Im not talking about you Craig.....:thumbsup:
Need enough room to pull an axle out of the diff.

Good Morning.
Just trying to plan.
I have decided to go wood frame. We have trees in the backyard. They will be trimmed back, and one removed before construction. If a limb fell you can repair a wood frame, not so easy with metal.

I'm not sure what dimension you are asking about here. My lift's recommendation was minimum 3 feet from "side wall". I went 4 1/2 or so which centered the lift in the bay (shop door) and allowed for the passenger door to be fully open.

Shelving space, can never have enough. Good deals through the govt auctions.

I am seriously feeling the pain from the 9 month purgatory in paint shop. I am thrashing on Demon in prime weather. Our summers are so short every day is like gold. Irks me I am under dash and the sun is shining. I should be focusing on outdoor junk not the car. Painter put me months behind. So it goes, at least I am making progress. I want to drive it this summer.
I was the same way the last couple years working on my cars. Everything else feel to the side with a "I'll do it later" Well now with the stay at home I'm all caught up. Example yesterday I spent eight hours standing on a ladder, with a bucket of water and steel wool cleaning the vinyl trim on the storm windows, removing paint, dirt, and old adhesive tape crud.:D

Last edited:
I have enough room to roll my welder all the way around the hoist. But with all the other stuff, i need more storage.

-
Back