Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Depends, take a pic of what you are working on , and let me see....

82B69884-7713-49AC-892E-2895B0FA0F3F.jpeg

5CE51798-7121-425D-954A-7A706CDEE752.jpeg

Are the rest of them out already? How many screws? If you cut the head off, will the parts separate ?
Yes this is the last screw. I guess when I cut the head off the lens will come out and I'll have more room to work the screw. Problem solved!!

Sometimes a different /sharper/ newer screwdriver will grab. I know my Klien Phillips will often grab screws that none of my others will. Another thing I do sometimes is use a thin cuttoff and make a slot for a straight blade screwdriver. Dremel works good for that.

Sometimes a different /sharper/ newer screwdriver will grab. I know my Klien Phillips will often grab screws that none of my others will. Another thing I do sometimes is use a thin cuttoff and make a slot for a straight blade screwdriver. Dremel works good for that.
I have a Dremel, but not sure if I have a cutting blade. Sounds like a quick run to the hardware store.

I have a Dremel, but not sure if I have a cutting blade. Sounds like a quick run to the hardware store.
Either way you do it. Cut a slot, or cut the head off, the screw will need to be replaced...Id cut it off with my 3in cuttoff air tool....

Either way you do it. Cut a slot, or cut the head off, the screw will need to be replaced...Id cut it off with my 3in cuttoff air tool....
i was gonna say if he didnt care about the pot metal to grind it off.

i was gonna say if he didnt care about the pot metal to grind it off.
Nope not using the bezel, just need the lens. This one is in excellent shape and they want crazy money for them. Going on the car to replace the current reproduction lens I have on there now.

Nope not using the bezel, just need the lens. This one is in excellent shape and they want crazy money for them. Going on the car to replace the current reproduction lens I have on there now.
yeah, cut it off. run the risk of nicking the potmetal but if you dont care about it, then go for it.

-
Back