Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Sounds better than “the common-law spouse”
Could call her the “cruise Director” as she does that very well too!

Gmc van- diesel.
Fuel cooler leaking. Quick connect fittings stuck. One down one to go. Then make up a bypass line. That new flaring tool is the ticket!

His hose...
Speaking of hoses... got the front mulched and decided it was break time. Drove the Duster to HD and got a new hose and sprayer. So now my wife doesn’t have to drag the one from around back to water her flowers in front of the house.
Note- my wife, the Duster, her flowers . Lol
Free wood chips from last year is now some pretty good looking mulch. :thumbsup:

8127789D-82A1-487D-B62A-4153E730F7EB.jpeg

Not yet because I had to work the office job all weekend so no time, but at this point I think I'm just going to pull the door panel off and look into the wiring through the door.
Wont see it. With a pic/hook you can pull boot back from body side and give the wires a tug.i usually pop boot into door, most of them will go in easy. Then i do my repair in the jamb.

the hack i used to work with would cut boot with a utility knife and use a butt connector to re-join wires and kick it out the door.
My way takes longer, but it will last longer than 3 days.

Quick project at lunchtime
upload_2020-5-25_17-54-2.png

upload_2020-5-25_17-54-43.png

upload_2020-5-25_17-56-37.png

upload_2020-5-25_17-57-20.png

Too shiny but at least the wires are protected.
Going to get the next size up to cover the larger sections of cable

It was cool and cloudy for most of the day with intermittent drizzle so by early afternoon I gave up on taking the GTS out and set to planting flowers instead. Figures, about an hour into it the sun came out and it warmed up. Oh well, gotta finish what I started...sigh.

3CF7DFFD-E0F1-4C57-AAC0-974119BE5F5E.jpeg

I got 50 in the ground with another 50 left to go. But not tomorrow...GTS and me time!

Oh, and the pachysandra I planted earlier is getting very happy with lots of new growth. Looks like it’s going to do well.

DD0D1AD7-0F5D-4EC7-AA16-B37B0BAD0B1F.jpeg

Taco Hamburger Helper for dinner....
View attachment 1715535034
Not sure what the deal was with these. Labeled as ‘bones‘ and they were only a couple bucks a pound. Mislabeled maybe... They look like ribs and that’s what she wanted.I think she got them at Jerry’s. An independent grocery that generally has better meats than Giant. A few hours in a crock pot with Sweet Baby Ray’s And they were awesome and had lots of meat on them. Onion rings were delish as well. :thumbsup:

2E219CFE-F391-470F-B93B-BB32DAA84E2E.jpeg

WooHoo! Things are looking up in my part of the world!
I had to plug the holes and power wash the a/c box.

Rat poop problem.

I bought this car from an old salvage yard in northern New Mexico.
Car had a fender bender on the driver side into the door and sat in the same place since 1989.

I found a bunch of stuff in the car to collaborate that including a newspaper dated February 1989.

Factory sharktooth grille car with the sport mirrors and small bolt rally wheels. I saved it from the squisher machine.

@halfafish

20200525_164740.jpg

20200525_164748.jpg

20200525_164756.jpg

A shower and DIY haircut plus beard trim and I feel like a whole new person. Ahhh...

Time for some cold beer!

6C5269F5-F0C0-41E6-96A5-D3AEFDB691C2.jpeg

Evening, pretty rough, too much to tell.

But, if anyone finds a 1964 Sport Fury, 383/4spd in metallic blue or turquoise for sale, fully restored or a survivor, running and driving a must, let me know.

Evening, pretty rough, too much to tell.

But, if anyone finds a 1964 Sport Fury, 383/4spd in metallic blue or turquoise for sale, fully restored or a survivor, running and driving a must, let me know.
I'll have to pay attention, I have seen those around but disregarded them because that's too old for me.

66 on up is so much easier for parts. Even 65 is a pain because there are so many one year only parts on them, you'd spend thousands putting an interior together that would be right and not look trashy with 10 years worth the parts glued together. A console for a 65 is one year only and I've seen them get eight hundo.

66 to 70 was the same console so I can get a brand new one for less than a pitted original 65 that smells likes a dog sat on it.

Just saying

I'll have to pay attention, I have seen those around but disregarded them because that's too old for me.

66 on up is so much easier for parts. Even 65 is a pain because there are so many one year only parts on them, you'd spend thousands putting an interior together that would be right and not look trashy with 10 years worth the parts glued together. A console for a 65 is one year only and I've seen them get eight hundo.

66 to 70 was the same console so I can get a brand new one for less than a pitted original 65 that smells likes a dog sat on it.

Just saying
My grandfather is tired of his spoiled *** kids fighting over who’s gonna get what whenever he passes so he’s decided he’s gonna travel and burn thru his savings, live off his pension and monthly 401k and royalties from the farm. So he wants to find a clone of his first car, a 1964 sport fury described as above. Doesn’t sound like money is gonna be much of a factor in it.

-
Back