Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Thanks Mike. Long time 31 years. Hope she enjoys the condolence card I got her!:rofl:

Here's a few choices...

You-Are-The-Only-One-I-Want-To-Anny-ah211.png

d82650f1629c937da3799e7b61bf7d5a.png

il_570xN.1668883229_kgdx.jpg

cardhs_dm_vday20_dmv117_bored_p.jpg

Morning Mitch...market is on a nice swing. Been like a roller coaster, but that's to be expected.

We used to do the shuttle launch rescue back in the day, no idea why. Saw quite a few launches from a C-130 a few miles away absolutely felt the raw power of the thrust it would violently vibrate the plane, Really cool.

Wat to bring the Wife out for lunch today for our anniversary, but everything is still closed around here, doubt McD's will work. No Idea what to do for her, her gift came yesterday so at least that is covered.
Congrats! Last I heard Round The Clock Diner is open.
License? We don't need no stinking license! LOL

Good Morning all.

Happy Anniversary Hoppy,. Been to few myself, I worked for the company that put the Oxygen and Hydrogen into the shuttle.

We used to do the shuttle launch rescue back in the day, no idea why. Saw quite a few launches from a C-130 a few miles away absolutely felt the raw power of the thrust it would violently vibrate the plane, Really cool.

Slow year for launches out here at VAFB. A Delta IV scheduled for the complex I helped remodel. SLC6 is pretty remote, hard to get a good view from areas the public can access.

Vandenberg_AFB_SLC-6_under_construction_in_November_1982_-_DF-ST-83-08606.jpg

SLC6 early 80s I was there :D. Darn good share of the concrete I either made or placed. Only used 1 time that I recall since then. It never got a shuttle launch as it was intended.

years ago, for 4-H, the model rocketry club i was in all built a model rocket that was carried into space by Columbia. Its in the county court house on display. the next mission for Columbia was its last as the explosion happened the very next flight

11.jpg

They did mock it up once. Both of those structures are on wheels and tracks and fit together to form a bigass barn for the launch tower and shuttle. The large concrete box structures, Space Shuttle headers :lol: The one on the left curves around to be right under the Shuttle main engine, the one to the right is for the booster and it's twin is on the other side of the launch mount.

10 dollar Hemi Charger? Some one should be all over that!!!
"Since there was no interest in the car this was crushed at the yard Saturday 5/16 but some small metal parts left for free pick up."

FU%%$%^$%^%$^$^$^^$%6 I wish I'd seen that sooner. I'd already been up there and home with it. FURGREGT%$T#$ T#$

-
Back