Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Serious a Korean delicacy. They let them grow for whatever then bury them for a week. Tried it once did not know what it was. Serious barf material there , then again they sure as hell can cook a dog.
While celebrating a Philippine sailor’s retirement, we were all drinking San Miguel beer (bad enough), and they offered everyone a duck egg. Only the Phillippenos were taking eggs. I watched them crack the eggs, swallow the contents, then drink beer.

My 21 yr old taste buds and stomach were stronger back then, so I thought “What the hell - swallow the raw egg.” They all stared at me when I took an egg and one said, “Don’t bite.”

I cracked the egg, dumped it in my mouth, noticed something (besides smell and taste) was very wrong, and I bit - like biting soft gristle. I choked it down and drank beer, immediately, and in large quantities.

I asked the guys what the hell they gave me. They broke one open and showed me, then everyone laughed their asses off. No idea why I did not barf.

On the positive side, the Phillippenos and I were tight after that. Shared lots of food they would cook that was much better than anything on the chow hall menu. And, I can say I have tried something damn few others have.

I pumped gas at a full service gas station/car wash in the early 90's. There was still 1 full service station a block from my last house...and will be for the foreseeable future.

Phillip's 66 for me. Back in 71 and 72. I worked Weekends and helped the owner start a gas war one Sunday night. We changed the signs to 19.9. I bet O' Brien had a cow when he drove by on Monday morning to open his Standard station down the street. LMFAO
Full service Sinclair station for me. I still tell people it was the best job I ever had.

Tom, who owns Performance Auto a performance machine shop in town, brought Dick Schoeman's 68 Hemi Roadrunner in on a Saturday for a little tune up. (we rented the shop stalls out in the weekends)
When he was done I got to take it out for a short test drive. A 17 year old has no fear. Mash the gas and side step the clutch. Oh, and hold on!

I got to drive a Hemi car...................all of it. Something I will never forget.

Last edited:
Haaaaa!

134718902_3780108742074975_405550891065880820_n.jpg

Damn that Kentucky Coffee is GOOD! I normally take my coffee black and unsweetened, but for this I make an exception. LOL

Howdy all. Spent the morning trying to track a deer my dad shot with his bow. Only blood we found is where it snapped the arrow off. Figure he didnt kill it. Several hours wasted. Sitting in a hunting blind for the first time this season. We will see if I can bow hunt.

I always worked swing shift at the Chevron. Not long after I started there the boss decided I could be trusted with the keys to lock the place down at night. Worked for me, he would haul *** outa there at 3:30 and I wouldn't see him again until the next day. Those lovely desert winter evenings when the squeegees would freeze on the traveler's windshields I often left a frozen surprise for the boss when he came in to open up. Spray the pump nozzles with water after they were locked, dump the mop bucket somewhere I knew he would have to navigate, run the water across across the pump area so he would go sliding sideways across the concrete at 30 mph as he always did :rolleyes:.

Well...I made it out to the other side... Checked into my Hotel downtown. Must say, a little disappointed. Not as nice as the Quarantine facility, But I dont plan on spending much time in the room. And its only $42 a night. Headed out for a little exploration and a Cigar..See Yaz...

So has anyone ever seen finned valve covers for a 440 that do not have any emblems or logos and that run the entire length? Like what you used to see on old flat heads that were In hotrods?

So has anyone ever seen finned valve covers for a 440 that do not have any emblems or logos and that run the entire length? Like what you used to see on old flat heads that were In hotrods?
May be some old Pro Stock or Cal Custom's

-
Back