Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
That was back and forth. Didn't see all of that one, went out to eat with my daughter.
Funny we went to our neighborhood sports bar. At the bar as usual was a group of regulars including a guy, who works for Cheryl He was with his wife. He knew Cheryl was out of town this weekend visiting her mother. I didn't notice them at first, but I saw his wife walk by us really slow looking the other way, heading to the other side of the bar, and doesn't say a word to me. A few minutes later she comes back by looking away as she passes the table. I looked over and saw her husband staring at us. It dawns on me what they must think is going on. They think I on a "date". This daughter that I'm out with is 30 years old. She has my humor, and when I told her what I thought was going on she did the girl giggle as she patted my hand on the table. That went on the rest of the time as we sat there. When we got up to leave she gave me a big hug. When I talked to Cheryl. and told her what had happened. she was laughing. She can't wait to see how he breaks the news to her, or if he does. It was fun!!
Some fun to be had there, for sure. I can picture the look on his face when Cheryl says you saw him at the sports bar...

Nope, but I see the Foreskins Lost..:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Hey it was a good game. They had a real chance to win with 2 minutes left in the game, and no one expected it to go that far. Smith was out and they released the backup QB a week ago, They started a guy off the practice squad they signed a month ago. He had 126 NFL snaps prior to this game, his second NFL start. He threw for over 300 yards, two touchdowns and ran for another.

Last edited:
I actually have no idea when it will run out.

I believe there's a way to check on your profile.... It should have the expiration date....

Go to your profile and under the pull down menu on the far right hand column, click on the "Become a FABO Gold Member"...

Gold Member A01B.jpg

Then click on the screen to remove the pull down menu and the date will be listed on the "purchased upgrades" section here...

Gold Member A02 B.jpg

That was back and forth. Didn't see all of that one, went out to eat with my daughter.
Funny we went to our neighborhood sports bar. At the bar as usual was a group of regulars including a guy, who works for Cheryl He was with his wife. He knew Cheryl was out of town this weekend visiting her mother. I didn't notice them at first, but I saw his wife walk by us really slow looking the other way, heading to the other side of the bar, and doesn't say a word to me. A few minutes later she comes back by looking away as she passes the table. I looked over and saw her husband staring at us. It dawns on me what they must think is going on. They think I on a "date". This daughter that I'm out with is 30 years old. She has my humor, and when I told her what I thought was going on she did the girl giggle as she patted my hand on the table. That went on the rest of the time as we sat there. When we got up to leave she gave me a big hug. When I talked to Cheryl. and told her what had happened. she was laughing. She can't wait to see how he breaks the news to her, or if he does. It was fun!!

When I worked at the engine plant, my son and I were eating in Mexican Village at our favorite restaurant there... My son was only about 5 or 6 years old at the time. I saw a guy, Bruce, that worked in the audit department at the plant, he was the supervisor and was having dinner with his wife...

They audit one of every engine that they make there every day.... They run it on a dyno for a quick run, then tear it down and look for defects... The defects are rated on a scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being the most severe - a for sure engine failure.... Or if we find more than one of these failures we call it a "no build".... For example a loose connecting rod bolt... If they do find a 10 demerit in basic audit, the engine line manager, supervisor where it was made and the engineer that was responsible for that line had to review the failure, verify that the engines being built on the line do not have that same failure, and within 24 hours and have a preventive action to prevent it from happening again...

So I try to convince my son to walk right by his booth and say, "We had a 10 demerit in basic audit today", but he was too shy to do it...

Bruce and I eventually became lunch buddies with a couple other fellow employees and went out to lunch on a regular basis... One day at lunch I told him about that where I tried to get my son to say, "We got a 10 demerit in basic audit today" when he was eating at Mexican Village... Nobody else but an employee of the engine plant would know what that meant, it would have shocked him to hear a 6 year old say that, he would have turned his head immediately... :eek:

Whuut.jpg

Last edited:
Today I'll be checking out Humble Pie "Rock On", 1971, last album with Peter Frampton, welding other frame rail, some yard clean up and some football between the fun.

Super sorry for the loss FOG, I just got caught up as I have been busy on non Mopar related stuff.
I am heading down to the University of Nebraska tomorrow to fetch some equipment we have there. Not looking forward to it as I will be overloading a trailer so will be headlights in the sky with extreme power steering all the way back.

Super sorry for the loss FOG, I just got caught up as I have been busy on non Mopar related stuff.
I am heading down to the University of Nebraska tomorrow to fetch some equipment we have there. Not looking forward to it as I will be overloading a trailer so will be headlights in the sky with extreme power steering all the way back.
Get a bigger truck lol

Thanks ! Be carefull out there stay safe ! Like dukeboy said get a bigger truck ! lol

Dad had some concrete to do around the house, I just barely had my DL, "Take the pickup to the rock plant and get a cubic yard of rock and sand and we'll pour that slab Saturday". He had worked at the plant at one time, knew the guys, and I did too.
I pull up on the truck scale and tell the scale master what I needed "You're Donn's kid aren't ya? Just stay right there and we fix you right up." Loader brings some rock, loader brings some sand, "OK, you're outa here". The road back to the house was a section of old US 66. Much of 66 through the Mojave desert was pretty much "Just blade the weeds, cactus, and big rocks out of the way and pave it.". Needless to say that left a lot of whoop dee doos and each and every one of those the front end of the short bed F100 left the pavement :rofl: Thanks Dad! :rofl:

Dad had some concrete to do around the house, I just barely had my DL, "Take the pickup to the rock plant and get a cubic yard of rock and sand and we'll pour that slab Saturday". He had worked at the plant at one time, knew the guys, and I did too.
I pull up on the truck scale and tell the scale master what I needed "You're Donn's kid aren't ya? Just stay right there and we fix you right up." Loader brings some rock, loader brings some sand, "OK, you're outa here". The road back to the house was a section of old US 66. Much of 66 through the Mojave desert was pretty much "Just blade the weeds, cactus, and big rocks out of the way and pave it.". Needless to say that left a lot of whoop dee doos and each and every one of those the front end of the short bed F100 left the pavement :rofl: Thanks Dad! :rofl:
Haha nice. Sounds like us. Hell, in September we overloaded a semi. Set the scale record at the elevator. 106,000 pounds of soybeans got off loaded, truck and trailer weighed 27580 pounds.

-
Back