Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I have learned a few things after 35 years of marriage, LOL!
Yep. I have learned when not to have a opinion. LOL My wife is younger and still working her tail off. She makes good money and I appreciate that a lot. Did I say how much I appreciate that? LOL

My relationship with my wife is maybe a bit different. I lead, and she follows. It doesn’t mean she doesn’t have an opinion or is shy about speaking her mind...just that my opinion tends to lead.

And she likes it that way...and is happy with being in a strong place by my side.

Talking to Salesman at GV, told me all that was needed to install this unit, was to elongate the cross member mounting holes 1/8 inch up. And some hammering, not much. We will see....

On a different note, if a supercharged Range Rover Sport pulls up and wants to race, be cautious! Yes, a damn SUV... I put rear brake pads on this thing (twice now). Kid took me for a very spirited ride. Thing is advertised as 4.3 second 0-60. I promise it's quicker than that. 575 hp, all-wheel drive, 5500# vehicle. Thing is a rocket. Zero wheel spin, just hooks and goes. Doing 150mph in nothing flat. And feels super-stable the whole way. Guessing it's an 11-12 second 1/4 mile. It also cost the kid about $100k. Not my style, but damn sure an impressive ride.

On a different note, if a supercharged Range Rover Sport pulls up and wants to race, be cautious! Yes, a damn SUV... I put rear brake pads on this thing (twice now). Kid took me for a very spirited ride. Thing is advertised as 4.3 second 0-60. I promise it's quicker than that. 575 hp, all-wheel drive, 5500# vehicle. Thing is a rocket. Zero wheel spin, just hooks and goes. Doing 150mph in nothing flat. And feels super-stable the whole way. Guessing it's an 11-12 second 1/4 mile. It also cost the kid about $100k. Not my style, but damn sure an impressive ride.
Like my SIL's SRT jeep! Quick!!!

Hellcat Jeep or Durango anyone. Our awd Buick Envision scats with a turbo Ecotech. Wait, not 575 horse. Sorry for the hijack. LOL

Modern muscle is nothing to be scoffed at. People can pretend it’s just not in the same league as old school muscle, but it will run circles around the old stuff all day long...way faster with impressive handling that the old school could only dream of too.

Took a porsche cayenne for a road test. Was pretty quick. Nice to drive too. Owner says get it up to 60 and tromp it. Wow! I think it dropped three gears.

Modern muscle is nothing to be scoffed at. People can pretend it’s just not in the same league as old school muscle, but it will run circles around the old stuff all day long...way faster with impressive handling that the old school could only dream of too.
I remember when OBD2 came out. Everyone said" there goes performance engines" A few, myself included said, "I bet this will bring in a whole new class of performance" "No freakin way"!!! :rofl: We were right....

I remember when OBD2 came out. Everyone said" there goes performance engines" A few, myself included said, "I bet this will bring in a whole new class of performance" "No freakin way"!!! :rofl: We were right....

And now you can actually see across the San Gabriel Valley during daylight hours :lol:

BUT, the cost of new performance.......WOW!!!! Not that 440 chargers were inexpensive in the day....
Yeah....but...

Back then the median house cost was $24k and an average performance muscle car ran about $5k (20% of the median home cost). Top end cars were in the $7500 range (30%)

Today, the median home price is $285k and an average performance muscle car costs around $60k. (21% of the median home cost). Top end cars like the Hellcat or Vette run around $90k now (31%)

Things aren’t really all that different.

But yours is 1500lbs less...
252 horse I believe. Not stellar gas mileage. Mid 20's hwy. My 3.8 l. Lucerne get's late 20's and is bigger/heavier. Less technology. A cast iron, iron headed pushrod engine. (the 3.8) Roller cam and injected only.

-
Back