Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
78? That seems a little high...is your blood pressure running on the low side?
I haven't taken my BP today. I am down to 78 now. That's fairly low for me. I usually take a half metoprolol at noon which keeps it low.

Today is a bittersweet day for my family. It is hard to watch our parents grow old and pass away. But for me it is even harder to watch their mind deteriorate to the point where simple tasks become life threatening. To keep our mom safe we placed her in Valley View nursing home in Belleville. When we delivered her to her new home we felt she will be well taken care of but at the same time it was hard to leave her there knowing our visits may not happen with all the covid restrictions. For those dealing with the same family challenges I wish God's peace in your lives. It is hard but for us as a family we felt it necessary. God Bless!
View attachment 1715678325
=AZXLPDm913-XG2Fe3w27m9ISHIKBJaXGrd_h-ajGvWpZQ2DpHBwGviPCScNIifDN0Ia_Tq9LpJt72AHT9Htw9f23y3EnToDpYArL9s4L8o-przWgi8J7bk0jwuQvCTTHCUg&__tn__=EH-R']=AZXLPDm913-XG2Fe3w27m9ISHIKBJaXGrd_h-ajGvWpZQ2DpHBwGviPCScNIifDN0Ia_Tq9LpJt72AHT9Htw9f23y3EnToDpYArL9s4L8o-przWgi8J7bk0jwuQvCTTHCUg&__tn__=EH-R']
I completely feel what you are facing. We had to put my Dad in a care facility back in late 2012. He moved through increasing levels of care required until he passed at the end of 2018.

It was hard to watch the progressive deterioration, but we held firm and did what he needed most to care for him. Doing the right thing for the right reasons can be hard...but it will always be right.

My thoughts are with you. Stay strong.

I haven't taken my BP today. I am down to 78 now. That's fairly low for me. I usually take a half metoprolol at noon which keeps it low.
Interesting. My resting HR runs at right around 68 when my BP is at 120/80. When it drops to 110/70, my HR increases to around 74 to compensate.

You might consider datalogging to see if you find a similar effect. I find it helpful to understand my cardiac condition and interpret the readings. My Cardiologist finds it helpful too when I bring him data sheets on my visits.

Today is a bittersweet day for my family. It is hard to watch our parents grow old and pass away. But for me it is even harder to watch their mind deteriorate to the point where simple tasks become life threatening. To keep our mom safe we placed her in Valley View nursing home in Belleville. When we delivered her to her new home we felt she will be well taken care of but at the same time it was hard to leave her there knowing our visits may not happen with all the covid restrictions. For those dealing with the same family challenges I wish God's peace in your lives. It is hard but for us as a family we felt it necessary. God Bless!
=AZXLPDm913-XG2Fe3w27m9ISHIKBJaXGrd_h-ajGvWpZQ2DpHBwGviPCScNIifDN0Ia_Tq9LpJt72AHT9Htw9f23y3EnToDpYArL9s4L8o-przWgi8J7bk0jwuQvCTTHCUg&__tn__=EH-R']=AZXLPDm913-XG2Fe3w27m9ISHIKBJaXGrd_h-ajGvWpZQ2DpHBwGviPCScNIifDN0Ia_Tq9LpJt72AHT9Htw9f23y3EnToDpYArL9s4L8o-przWgi8J7bk0jwuQvCTTHCUg&__tn__=EH-R']
I know what you mean. My mom is 94 and was sharp as a tack 6 months ago. She has been seeing things and forgetting details etc. It could be from Covid. She had it mildly last year. It could just be old age. We had her tested for a UTI and it was negative. She has had a evalution and it was good but something isn't quite right. Take care and enjoy every minute.

Sorry to hear and prayers to you and your mom. I tell you what, nothing was harder than last spring and those nursing home restrictions.

Just checked mine. 122/68 heart rate 60.
guess i need to start charting, soon i need to go in to see the doc.

Mine was good before I left home. I feel good. Exercise every day. Should be fine until I return in May....

IMG_1609658730911_1609659570079.jpg
Lots of exercise is good for you! :poke::lol::lol:
She sent me these a few days
ago...
View attachment 1715678431
IMG_20210124_113029.jpg
IMG_20210124_113017.jpg

View attachment 1715678431

Good Morning...a two inch snowfall overnight. It will be gone with the 50 temperatures this weekend.

2770047_8b02fc66f579676e7e39bfb7a7475886.jpg

Morning.
-29f/34c. Another glorious day.
Dunno. I need coffee

Cold 27 deg here tomorrow, and snow.....Not the warm Paradise I was looking for....

Good Morning everyone - Evening Mitch. I got home late from work, dreading snow cleanup. To my surprise, it was plowed for me. Big thanks are needed when I see him again. Just trying to clean up the 10 feet of sidewalk killed my shoulder. Single digits this AM here. Have a great day...

Question.....what are you guys watching during any downtime lately? I just started Peaky Blinders - 1920 ish Birmingham gang type movie. Think Boardwalk Empire but across the pond. It is a very good show if anyone is looking.

Guess i should contact the guy that thinks he needs a thermostat. I can put my scan tool on it and compare to the gauge. Typical chevy, cluster is probably going bad.

Question.....what are you guys watching during any downtime lately? I just started Peaky Blinders - 1920 ish Birmingham gang type movie. Think Boardwalk Empire but across the pond. It is a very good show if anyone is looking.
Life Below Zero reruns.

-
Back