Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
And the socialization bit is very different these days for kids her age. They were already fully engaged socially with their friends through electronic media before this happened and now they are just expanding and refining that connection.

Interestingly, it is now more focused, relaxed and constructive where as before it was just a lot of noise like kids on a playground during recess. She says she feels closer and more connected to her friends now than before this all began.

I am always seeing V8 drag links selling for 200 or so. I am amazed no one repops them cant be that hard to do.

Interestingly, the processing through the Philadelphia PO has improved dramatically in the past week. I got my rent check from my tenant in Memphis just 3 days after he mailed it. Everything else (including packages) is showing up faster too.

A couple of weeks ago, Mail was delayed up to 4 weeks...but now it is arriving on the usual schedule.

Went over and picked up my sister and we went to see Mom this afternoon. She's 94 and in pretty good shape. You just never know how long she will be around. Could be tomorrow, could be in 10 years.

20210126_171431.jpg

Not if they use it all up before it gets here.... :rolleyes:
I hope. I moved snow for 3 hours today. 12,000 steps. No wonder why I am tired tonight. A good workout for the ol' heart valve. Resting heart rate is 78 now and no Metoprolol since this morning.

I hope. I moved snow for 3 hours today. 12,000 steps. No wonder why I am tired tonight. A good workout for the ol' heart valve. Resting heart rate is 78 now and no Metoprolol since this morning.
78? That seems a little high...is your blood pressure running on the low side?

Today is a bittersweet day for my family. It is hard to watch our parents grow old and pass away. But for me it is even harder to watch their mind deteriorate to the point where simple tasks become life threatening. To keep our mom safe we placed her in Valley View nursing home in Belleville. When we delivered her to her new home we felt she will be well taken care of but at the same time it was hard to leave her there knowing our visits may not happen with all the covid restrictions. For those dealing with the same family challenges I wish God's peace in your lives. It is hard but for us as a family we felt it necessary. God Bless!
316090_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=uM_8VobSFdMAX9VBzET&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.jpg
=AZXLPDm913-XG2Fe3w27m9ISHIKBJaXGrd_h-ajGvWpZQ2DpHBwGviPCScNIifDN0Ia_Tq9LpJt72AHT9Htw9f23y3EnToDpYArL9s4L8o-przWgi8J7bk0jwuQvCTTHCUg&__tn__=EH-R']

Was a long day. Finally got all the backlogged work done and gone.
No work tomorrow,will clean shop,haul garbage and stuff. New boss wants me in for training thursday and friday.

-
Back