Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
What's goin' on with the '66 today?
Lots do do. Have to pull windshield, then pull dash to get to the stupid windshield wiper pivots. Of course they leak like a sieve. Missed that when I did work on it the first time.......Come on over, we can have a few beers......

Lots do do. Have to pull windshield, then pull dash to get to the stupid windshield wiper pivots. Of course they leak like a sieve. Missed that when I did work on it the first time.......Come on over, we can have a few beers......

After 50 years you would think someone would have devised a remedy for that.

After 50 years you would think someone would have devised a remedy for that.
Short if replacement, I don’t see how you could. I know some people have used new model motors and switched the linkages to inside the car but you still have the grommet around the pivots no matter what.

Damn.
Why is it the o-ring kits never have the o-ring i need? Thought i would be smart and buy the sae and metric kits. Neither kit has. The fuel filter was missing one,a holes tightened it til it stopped leaking. Try getting that bastard apart. Got it but it was no fun. Rarely is. Unless i replaced it before.

Good Morning TGIF!! Last day of the work week for some of you!!
Nope. Working tomorrow. And with all the call offs for snow I won’t be surprised if we wo
Not sure the amount about 6 when I came in last night and the sleet started. Looks like a skating ring outside.
It was a mess last night coming home. I stuck to main roads - almost all state roads. At that point all had gotten some salt. Many just wet, others you could tell had only started to break up the ice. A couple of the normally worst ones looked like gravel roads with all the salt they dumped. I normally go on Mt Zion Rd,which I would guess is one of the longest and at some places - steepest in the county. I vetoed that and came down to Rt 30 and across. That took me past the states salt depot. A very busy place last night...
My place is a different story. Everything is a sheet of ice. And now it's snowing on top of that. Ugh!
Good Morning

Damn.
Why is it the o-ring kits never have the o-ring i need? Thought i would be smart and buy the sae and metric kits. Neither kit has. The fuel filter was missing one,a holes tightened it til it stopped leaking. Try getting that bastard apart. Got it but it was no fun. Rarely is. Unless i replaced it before.
We have hundreds of different o-rings at work and I still can't always find the correct size. I think some manufacturers have custome sizes made so you have to buy their kit. And its usually really small ones that are near impossible to make.

Astro runs. Starts way better now than it did a couple weeks ago.

Hello All! Got a call from the powdercoat shop today, bad news, my springs evidently had pads in between the leaves, melted out. I'm kinda thinking if that's what they do that they should have known it was at least possible. Does anyone know if these springs can or should be ran like this?

Those "pads" are called Delrin liners and are absolutely crucial for safety and proper operation.

The ONLY way to powder coat leaf springs is to disassemble the pack, prep and coat each leaf individually, and install new Delrin liners in between.

FB_IMG_1612977160121.jpg

Those "pads" are called Delrin liners and are absolutely crucial for safety and proper operation.

The ONLY way to powder coat leaf springs is to disassemble the pack, prep and coat each leaf individually, and install new Delrin liners in between.

View attachment 1715693089
This is why you pay good money for good services

View attachment 1715693089
If they were there when i pull leafs apart, i put them back.

"Your Honor. One of the jurists was constantly reading Mopar Action during testifying. I demand a mistrial!" :lol:
:rofl::rofl::rofl: No, one guy finally admitted he didn't want to be there and didn't want to be involved in sending someone to prison if he wasn't 100% positive. Within his right to do so. Frustrating for sure.

Youngest bought a rebuilt office chair. Half price $500 but with a 12 year warranty. Steelcase was the brand.

Youngest bought a rebuilt office chair. Half price $500 but with a 12 year warranty. Steelcase was the brand.
I know they made quality stuff, but I would have to spend a lot of hour sitting in it to justify that. Some really nice chairs out there for half that or less.

So strange story. I have a auto darkening welding helmet. Well, since new it only worked some of the time. About 50/50. So I thought the battery was low. But no battery low indicator was lite. Remember it WORKED about half the time..... Well, went to replace the battery, and....there was NO battery in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF??? How did it work at all???????? Put in battery and it works great now...:realcrazy::lol:

Just renewed my goldmember ship, forgot about the notification. Back to regular scheduled programming. Dump run is next. Cleaned up some workbench space,then haul some junk out as well as some scrap

So strange story. I have a auto darkening welding helmet. Well, since new it only worked some of the time. About 50/50. So I thought the battery was low. But no battery low indicator was lite. Remember it WORKED about half the time..... Well, went to replace the battery, and....there was NO battery in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF??? How did it work at all???????? Put in battery and it works great now...:realcrazy::lol:
Whoops

How did it work at all? You tell me......
I know on the one I have, it defaults back to a number 12 darkness when the battery dies or you take the battery out. I don’t know how yours is or how it could have worked without it other than that

I know on the one I have, it defaults back to a number 12 darkness when the battery dies or you take the battery out. I don’t know how yours is or how it could have worked without it other than that
Yep, press the test button, it darkens like it should. With no battery.....

H'm.
For for America???
Oh. Read some of the sentences.
"It is designed to quick loading... "
yep.
Must be made in China. LOL

Not that I'd carry a firearm like that.
Darn good way to get in trouble IMO.
Naw, I have the free pass card that I carry. The one that says Retired LEO. :D
I didn't read the fine print so don't know where it was made. I'd probably pass on it, but it looked neat in the video.

-
Back