Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Once ya go zero turn ya never go back!
I've had the JD riding garden variety for 10 plus years. My daughter has the zero turn and I heard again this morning how much she likes it.
I'm sold on a zero turn just need to pick the right one.
Someone already mentioned something to make sure the 54 had with engine pistons or something compared to the smaller decks.
I'll have to go back and find it.

I mow between 2-3 acres, I recommend the 54", takes me two hours and I agree with Karl that it would be considerably longer with the 48". If you're considering JD try to get the endurance motor, it has a sleeve in the piston. I think I had to special order that model from Home Depot, 26hp I believe. I don't have a bagger, keep reading that they are just a pita, clog up and everything if all is not completely dry, dunno.

Found it.

When I was finish mowing lower pasture of approx three acres I cut 45 mins off of mowing time with zero turn vs tractor and 6ft mowing deck. I use a JD and have never bagged. I got the mulching kit for the deck. Attach hose to fitting and self clean! We also ran a Cub cadet 54 inch zero turn but not sure if they are still in business? Both have had great service life and been treated most unkindly. When you don’t bag I do think you need to pull an aerator across every few years or so. I just have never ran a bagger.

When I was finish mowing lower pasture of approx three acres I cut 45 mins off of mowing time with zero turn vs tractor and 6ft mowing deck. I use a JD and have never bagged. I got the mulching kit for the deck. Attach hose to fitting and self clean! We also ran a Cub cadet 54 inch zero turn but not sure if they are still in business? Both have had great service life and been treated most unkindly. When you don’t bag I do think you need to pull an aerator across every few years or so. I just have never ran a bagger.
I have never mulched, bagged, or ran an aerator. I water more than most, especially when it gets hot. I have a sprinkler system. I run it at night after 11pm. I run it for 15-20 minutes depending on the slope of the yard, more slope, more water time. I run it through the complete cycle twice in a night. I then run the drip lines in the flower beds for 45 minutes each, one time. I treat the yard three times a year, and have a great looking yard.

I've had the JD riding garden variety for 10 plus years. My daughter has the zero turn and I heard again this morning how much she likes it.
I'm sold on a zero turn just need to pick the right one.
Someone already mentioned something to make sure the 54 had with engine pistons or something compared to the smaller decks.
I'll have to go back and find it.
What engines do they use?

What engines do they use?
12827137324_e2f3b86c4a_b.jpg

Took a cruise by the donuts at the derelict shop. There were 2 Mopars there today, that's 2 more than I have seen there in months. Then I ventured up to the oval track to investigate the Go Kart rumor. Kart track looked ready, still some nasty spots in the infield from the recent rain. The front stretch on the big track is banked but it's dry, likely place to set up the pits. However I was 2 hours early. I did find a website that has the Kart schedule, Mr Smith is going to be busy this year, most months 2 events, that's as many as the big track :eek:.

There's a Cub Cadet dealer near me....

Old chevie got some brakes now.
Need front wheel cyls and i can finish it up.

Ok focus on the three dots on her nose for 30 seconds and don't blink. Then look at the ceiling and quickly blink your eyes...freaky.

975872_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=4NgpHiCz7mAAX9g0aFE&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg

Inverse color burn. The color receptors in your eyes become saturated after you stare at the negative color image and when you look away to a neutral background, the colors in the saturated receptors flip to the opposite spectrum making you see a full color positive image momentarily.

-
Back