Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Lets Mow!

a-tractor-pulling-a-disc-harrow-works-soil-containing-barley-stubble-ey9ahx.jpg

:lol:

Was at Lowe's yesterday and looked at the zero turns while we there. Holy smoke glad I get a 10% military discount...pays for the sales tax.
A 54 inch JD was $4800. The other brands weren't much cheaper. Big jump in price between the 48 and 54 inch deck.
I'm thinking with 2 acres plus what's the real difference and go with the smaller deck??
Go to a John Deere dealer to buy. The dealer may sell the Lowes model for a similar price but it means a lot to the dealer when you buy from them especially if you need service or warranty repairs. Lowes doesn't do repairs on what they sell.

Go to a John Deere dealer to buy. The dealer may sell the Lowes model for a similar price but it means a lot to the dealer when you buy from them especially if you need service or warranty repairs. Lowes doesn't do repairs on what they sell.

Agree but you can find your local JD dealer, mine is Washington Tractor, I've had them do some maintenance and I've bought parts from them.

Those disc blades when they get wore down and head for the scrap pile make handy bases for work lights or whatever. Piece of strap welded on the concave side with a bolt welded directly under the mounting hole in the disc. Piece of tubing of choice with nut corresponding to the bolt welded in the end. Do anything with the top of the tubing you desire.

Here's a new toy as a result of the excavator track coming off/going back on. Was certain that it was way overpriced at Napa, looked it up at local TSC, same price so that's good and I get to pick a free Dewalt tool from a flyer Napa gave my wife.

IMG_2365.jpg

Also for soda fountain stools
Those disc blades when they get wore down and head for the scrap pile make handy bases for work lights or whatever. Piece of strap welded on the concave side with a bolt welded directly under the mounting hole in the disc. Piece of tubing of choice with nut corresponding to the bolt welded in the end. Do anything with the top of the tubing you desire.

F736584E-5F89-4F51-8BE5-A5CFFA99485B.jpeg

Here's a new toy as a result of the excavator track coming off/going back on. Was certain that it was way overpriced at Napa, looked it up at local TSC, same price so that's good and I get to pick a free Dewalt tool from a flyer Napa gave my wife.

View attachment 1715711333

From lesson learned, the Lincoln battery operated the boss got us for whatever strange reason was very sensitive to the pocket of air at the top of the new tube of grease and it wasn't easy to bleed off. :BangHead:

We held a whiskey tasting in the shop last night. It was a hoot! Good time had by all! Haven’t had the guts to go back in the shop yet this morning, thinking it looks like a crime scene this morning. I simply shut off the lights and closed the door and went to bed, I was way past done.

09F9F5B5-12AC-4F84-B9F4-531C6590971B.jpeg

BEC8CCEC-FAE2-4AFB-BAA8-0A6859103640.jpeg

B038EAF8-6557-44C9-BB20-7E5324968C5D.jpeg

0D9589FB-6D73-4C13-95A3-8C4EF33FC865.jpeg

Last edited:
Agree but you can find your local JD dealer, mine is Washington Tractor, I've had them do some maintenance and I've bought parts from them.
The big JD's Lowes is selling is from our local JD dealer. The dealer store sticker is on the mower.
I'd buy it at Lowes for the 10% military discount.
With the trees and multiple inclines the property has I want the zero turn for the wider wheel base.

The big JD's Lowes is selling is from our local JD dealer. The dealer store sticker is on the mower.
With the trees and multiple inclines the property has I want the zero turn for the wider wheel base.
Once ya go zero turn ya never go back!

That's good. historically a lot of 'dealer' brands sold at the big box stores are 'made to order' for them. And often not quite what the dealer sells. Gotta watch the model numbers, not just go on appearance. Like years ago I bought a high end Karcher pressure washer for work. Looked 100% identical to what I believe Lowes was selling for maybe half the price. Found out the dealer model was completely different guts. I think it was ceramic pump pistons where the store model was plastic. Store brand had no warranty if used commercially...

Ceiling is done. After a lot of prep, painting was the easy part. Did a first coat on just the patches. Cut in and one heavy coat over the whole thing. Almost dry and looks good. I did have one last 'extra' beforehand. Cleaned up the ceiling fan. Took the blades off. Think I might reverse them to have the woodgrain down instead of plain white.

View attachment 1715711333
I have that one too. Drive gear on motor split. I contacted them, and by my request they shipped the replacement part. Way less hassle for sure. Took 15 minutes to replace.

Decided to carry on with buddy’s truck. Running the new brake lines. Then i can at least have the ability to stop when moving it.

-
Back