Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Co-worker had a 444 Marlin. That was a kick in the butt to shoot. Took it up to our quarry during Swallow nesting season. Those 250 gr slugs throw rocks everywhere and really pissed off the Swallows, huge black clouds of them :rofl:

Them's cannon shells!
Fact! I can tell ya running them for a full couple hours of match shooting ya get a bit twitchy! Shooting them is not for the faint of heart. Close your eyes, pull the set trigger, then whisper at bang trigger and she goes off. Next thing you know you can’t move your arm and your jaw is black and blue. What’s not to like?

I’m not responsible for what May or may not happen :lol:

Loaded some 45-70 for our long distance matches this summer. 800-1000 yards with period correct iron sights equipment,clothes and Ammo. Nothing more modern than 1890. I shoot a Sharps 45-70. I put a 9mm in the picture for perspective.

View attachment 1715715333

View attachment 1715715334

View attachment 1715715335
What YOU with 9mm ammo, who'd a thought, the gun world has changed, come to a stand still, never thought I'd see the day, you must of finally came to your senses...shaking my head. :eek:

:rofl:

What YOU with 9mm ammo, who'd a thought, the gun world has changed, come to a stand still, never thought I'd see the day, you must of finally came to your senses...shaking my head. :eek:

:rofl:
Hah! I was using it a perspective, not for actual shooting! 45-70 is just like a normal 45acp sidearm only longer! Thus the 9mm in pix. On bright side I did actually find something a 9mm is good for! Photography prop!

Looks like fun time John. Stared getting into 3 gun cowboy action shooting, but work got in the way. Real nice day around here today, mid 70s.

So, some nasty weather is going to be rolling in,from the north. Looks like John may get hit with something too,as southern mb is looking at 50 mph winds tomorrow.

The Breakfast of Champions.
Steak, Eggs, and Beer
PXL_20210329_024536675.jpg

-
Back