Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good Morning...
2770047_c289c63d7f59dae823e75f839c4af69a.jpg

SO here is a pic of my youngest with her husband and kids. They are standing on a road next to the snow walls they have in Northern Japan where they are stationed. This year they've had over 200 inches of snow...YUCK!!
0371_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=aqZ2F8laFRkAX_uHuO9&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg

SO here is a pic of my youngest with her husband and kids. They are standing on a road next to the snow walls they have in Northern Japan where they are stationed. This year they've had over 200 inches of snow...YUCK!!
View attachment 1715717863

Misawa? I've been there, wasn't that much snow at the time but it sure did, along with typhoons!

Well ok then.
Shouldn't be much longer, guess you get to run the "off to the hospital" drill at least one more time. :D
GO, GO, GO...
Scheduled induction on Monday. So yeah

Morning!
27f and into the 50’s today. Same goes for rest of the week.
Hope everybody is doing well. Today is dd repair part 2.

I enjoyed skiing at Appi, which I think is towards Tokyo. Also liked going to Lake Towada, really nice in the fall/colors.
They haven't been able to travel as much as they would of liked, due to C-19.
Their last duty station was in England, and they traveled all through Europe.
They'd like to go back to England one more time before settling in the US for the last few years of his career.
We're all pushing for a return in 18 months to the US.
Only seeing the grand kids once a year. and not being able to go see them sucks!!

Last edited:
Well I am off to our first Cowboy shoot of the year. I practiced for several hours last night growing accustomed to the western holster again. Muscle memory is a serious thing. I would palm my pistols (I have to draw both at same time) then draw them and my trigger finger immediately extended and nestled down side of frame. arghhh! In this game I have to be pulling hammer back and pulling trigger at same time while the other hand is engaging target. I need to be shooting both pistols alternately in a rapid fashion. You have to rely upon muscle memory or your brain gets tangled up. I have literally discharged wrong pistol while engaging target with opposing hand. I had a delay with target acquisition and my brain told my hand to pull trigger after I got hammer back! Blew a nice chunk of dirt at target!

20F2B82A-18C6-4895-A851-CBD66F7FDBA8.jpeg

They haven't been able to travel as much as they would of liked, due to C-19.
Their last duty station was in England, and they traveled all through Europe.

When I was in the Navy, had Portsmouth England on the port schedule, like a lot of ports it got cancelled : ( Closest I've been to that area in Europe was Wilhelmshaven West Germany, went to Hamburg from there as a group of us were flying out from the ship. I had re-enlisted and had quite a bit of money at the time, a sailor in the Reeperbahn with a ton of cash lol!

Well I am off to our first Cowboy shoot of the year. I practiced for several hours last night growing accustomed to the western holster again. Muscle memory is a serious thing. I would palm my pistols (I have to draw both at same time) then draw them and my trigger finger immediately extended and nestled down side of frame. arghhh! In this game I have to be pulling hammer back and pulling trigger at same time while the other hand is engaging target. I need to be shooting both pistols alternately in a rapid fashion. You have to rely upon muscle memory or your brain gets tangled up. I have literally discharged wrong pistol while engaging target with opposing hand. I had a delay with target acquisition and my brain told my hand to pull trigger after I got hammer back! Blew a nice chunk of dirt at target!

View attachment 1715717864

The guy that picked up my rented excavator does this shooting and we talked about it. He shoots several types of guns, plinking metal targets. Sounds like a timed thing with scoring for accuracy and getting things plinked in order, sound about right or are you doing something different?

View attachment 1715717864
As you see I had a pair like that back in the day. Think I was shooting Redball. :D

5073B8AF-6623-433C-A1D9-1BDA662BB528.jpeg

I got that freezer hauled home safely, guy helped me strap it down good, had been a trucker previously so that helped. He also had some cool toys that I'll post. Got a phone call while I was loading the freezer, it was the butcher, pork was ready. Talk about just in time!

IMG_2440.jpg

When I pulled into the freezer guys property I noticed he had a couple old, different looking tractors in his front yard. This one has rope steering, which I'd never seen but I guess it was common on old boats? Also rare was the transmission was Model A (I think). It doesn't have the correct front wheels on it, but what a machine.

IMG_2427.jpg

IMG_2428.jpg

IMG_2429.jpg

IMG_2430.jpg

When I pulled into the freezer guys property I noticed he had a couple old, different looking tractors in his front yard. This one has rope steering, which I'd never seen but I guess it was common on old boats? Also rare was the transmission was Model A (I think). It doesn't have the correct front wheels on it, but what a machine.

View attachment 1715717870

View attachment 1715717871

View attachment 1715717873

View attachment 1715717874
Thats really cool! Rope steering is interesting.

-
Back