Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Late morning coffee drinkers, nice couple of days here, 70-80 through Tuesday. Putting disc brakes on the back of the Chrysler. After I bled them I had a solid pedal, but wait 5 minutes and it goes to the floor but will pump back up.:BangHead:

Forgot the pics

BD4C1D48-8E48-4F38-84CC-D29F63098B92.jpeg

E90FC22C-2213-4866-A03C-DED36647A064.jpeg

3D7E329D-173F-4B95-B9DC-87C1E8CD1B90.jpeg

Rotors should have nuts holding them to mimic the wheel holding them on. 3 psi residual valve too.i see nuts and then i dont.
Lug nuts were on there, and the residual valves inline, because the master is lower than the calipers.

Lug nuts were on there, and the residual valves inline, because the master is lower than the calipers.
Try this,push right piston all the way in. C clamp so it stays in. Then push left piston in. Keep emptying master so it wont overflow. That should push any air out,like reverse bleeding.
Then re-install and pump em back up.
Something else,there may be a chance the piston seals could be sticking,and rolling over,then as they sit, the seals draw pistons away from rotors. Not likely with 3psi valves in the system.

And why does something so simple have to be so difficult??
When i did the chevy a couple weeks ago, 190 pumps to get fluid out of the bleeders.

Try this,push right piston all the way in. C clamp so it stays in. Then push left piston in. Keep emptying master so it wont overflow. That should push any air out,like reverse bleeding.
Then re-install and pump em back up.
Something else,there may be a chance the piston seals could be sticking,and rolling over,then as they sit, the seals draw pistons away from rotors. Not likely with 3psi valves in the system.

And why does something so simple have to be so difficult??
When i did the chevy a couple weeks ago, 190 pumps to get fluid out of the bleeders.
I will try the trick with the C clamps. Used a mighty vac bleeder. They are GM calipers from a Caddy I think.

Those look like typical front gm style calipers. Shouldnt have any problems with those. 3/16 line front to back?

That is a standard Mopar relay.....Covers lots of years......
Yeah. But doesn’t help me much. I’ve struck out at every parts store locally and online. Rock auto has them but only if I want to wait 3 weeks for it to ship, which I may just do

Another night of partying. Or should I say day of it. Was invited by some friends to the restaurant at noon yesterday. Then insisted that I go to the Karaoke Place with them. Got home about 9pm..Yup, lots of beer......
PXL_20210402_070046594.jpg
PXL_20210402_081719847.jpg

-
Back