Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Yeah. But doesn’t help me much. I’ve struck out at every parts store locally and online. Rock auto has them but only if I want to wait 3 weeks for it to ship, which I may just do
our stores suck. Looks like my local Advance stocks it and AZ can get one in in less than a week...

our stores suck. Looks like my local Advance stocks it and AZ can get one in in less than a week...
I checked Orielly, Advance and AZ locally. The first two could order it but they were out of stock in all the distributors so it’d have to come from manufacturer. Which would be end of the month. AZ here doesn’t even list it in their system.

the sad part is, they all had a handful of the single terminal relays. But none of the two terminals which mine requires.

Napa is the only place I haven’t checked locally.

may just wait it out. Not like I’m in a rush

I checked Orielly, Advance and AZ locally. The first two could order it but they were out of stock in all the distributors so it’d have to come from manufacturer. Which would be end of the month. AZ here doesn’t even list it in their system.

the sad part is, they all had a handful of the single terminal relays. But none of the two terminals which mine requires.

Napa is the only place I haven’t checked locally.

may just wait it out. Not like I’m in a rush
The terminals go to, battery, large nut. Starter, the other bolt on relay. One to the switch, the other to the neutral safety switch. EZ PZ. The one with a single clip on term is for stick shift cars...

Those look like typical front gm style calipers. Shouldnt have any problems with those. 3/16 line front to back?
Eldorado rears, they have a parking brake lever on them. Pushed the piston back in with a C clamp, and rebled the brakes same thing. When I pump them up I can keep pressure on them and they don’t go down. Come back in 5 min strait to the floor.

Eldorado rears, they have a parking brake lever on them. Pushed the piston back in with a C clamp, and rebled the brakes same thing. When I pump them up I can keep pressure on them and they don’t go down. Come back in 5 min strait to the floor.

i have some experience with those. And i hate em. First, theres notches in the pistons, and likely pins on the back of the pads. They need to line up.
No pushing those calipers in. They need to be wound out to contact brake pads.the way you can tell they are adjusted correctly is when you move lever(i use a vise grip, dont use wrench on nut)it grabs rotor.

that is your e-brake and adjuster. Will post up the brake tool in a minute

Last edited:
Brake tool. Mines a little different.
C39B0A86-5C35-4C96-A616-A56067F8BC23.png

Screw puts slight pressure on piston, and then while turning piston in it retracts. Some are cw,others are ccw.

That tool works real well.....
The one that is $8.00 and the size of an ice cube is a p.o.s.
And pretty much useless. Many of the newer disc brake cars use them.

new cadillacs need a scan tool to change rear brake pads. And some need a scan tool to bleed them. Pita.

i have some experience with those. And i hate em. First, theres notches in the pistons, and likely pins on the back of the pads. They need to line up.
No pushing those calipers in. They need to be wound out to contact brake pads.the way you can tell they are adjusted correctly is when you move lever(i use a vise grip, dont use wrench on nut)it grabs rotor.

that is your e-brake and adjuster. Will post up the brake tool in a minute
No pins on the back of the pads, but has a 3/4 round spring clip on the pad. My caliper tool is different but does the same thing. I may have to take it back apart and see what is going on back there.

I got to where I didn't even stock those on the truck. You need to turn and press at the same time. The rubik's cube doesn't really do that.
I used one once. In the trash it went. Then i got the better one.
When i crank em in, i mark piston and leave it in the same position when its wound in. Sometimes they wont wind back out.

i have seen them pretty messed up from someone not familiar with how they work. And they need periodic adjusting, caravans especially, the calipers hammer and the little abutment clips fall out.

No pins on the back of the pads, but has a 3/4 round spring clip on the pad. My caliper tool is different but does the same thing. I may have to take it back apart and see what is going on back there.
Cycle the park brake lever, will take up the slack. Thats why pedal goes away.if it doesent, turn piston 1/4 turn and try again.

-
Back