Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Here's a project for me this weekend, second go around as I've already lubed and cleaned most of it but still made noise so now that motor in the back is coming out/apart. Have to find some light machine oil, maybe sewing machine oil for it. Drilling rivets etc. should be fun...

IMG_2350 (2).jpg

Some fridges are fine, but others not so much. My brother moved a working fridge, and it died. But im certain he didnt let it sit after moving it. But he’s a dumbass, probably flipped it end for end to get it into the house.
I had this happen with a washing machine. It was one I was selling. It was maybe 6 months old when my wife decided she wanted to go high efficiency and stainless steel. So I listed it on Craigslist complete with a video from that very morning of it running thru it’s cycles and within an hour got a guy wanting to buy it. Guy shows up with a camper shell on his truck. Washer won’t fit standing up. I tell him you can’t lay it on it’s side without having the drum lock/shipping bolt or it’d break the springs that held the tub centric. Which I no longer had cause it got thrown away when we got bought it. He said it’d be fine so he and his kid loaded it up and away they went. About 6 hours later, he calls demanding his money back. Washer tub is shaking all over the place and he claims I ripped him off. I told him no I warned you that you can’t lay it on its side without that bolt. Finally talked the guy into opening the top of the washer and checking the springs, yep, 2 of the 4 springs broke. I hung up.

Oh I have stories you would not believe.
Like the guy insisting he wanted warranty on his new battery that tested perfect.
He was a nuclear scientist,was sure to point out.
called battery supplier, they authorized a “courtesy warranty”
after about 20 minutes of yes/no.
Gave him his battery and away he went.
Two weeks later he showed up with a starter.
I wanted to point my finger at him while jumping up and down screaming “you’re an asshole”
repeatedly.
Instead i sold him a starter with out giving him a discount.

I had this happen with a washing machine. It was one I was selling. It was maybe 6 months old when my wife decided she wanted to go high efficiency and stainless steel. So I listed it on Craigslist complete with a video from that very morning of it running thru it’s cycles and within an hour got a guy wanting to buy it. Guy shows up with a camper shell on his truck. Washer won’t fit standing up. I tell him you can’t lay it on it’s side without having the drum lock/shipping bolt or it’d break the springs that held the tub centric. Which I no longer had cause it got thrown away when we got bought it. He said it’d be fine so he and his kid loaded it up and away they went. About 6 hours later, he calls demanding his money back. Washer tub is shaking all over the place and he claims I ripped him off. I told him no I warned you that you can’t lay it on its side without that bolt. Finally talked the guy into opening the top of the washer and checking the springs, yep, 2 of the 4 springs broke. I hung up.

Caint fix stoopid

Like the guy insisting he wanted warranty on his new battery that tested perfect.
He was a nuclear scientist,was sure to point out.
called battery supplier, they authorized a “courtesy warranty”
after about 20 minutes of yes/no.
Gave him his battery and away he went.
Two weeks later he showed up with a starter.
I wanted to point my finger at him while jumping up and down screaming “you’re an asshole”
repeatedly.
Instead i sold him a starter with out giving him a discount.

Hahahahahahahahaha! Hilarious!

The couple months i spent in the parts store,i learned there are some really stupid people out there. Two different people,
Engine wont crank, so he ordered a crank sensor. I explained what a crank sensor’s purpose was, and he still wanted it.
Another guy, no crank. Wanted an auto shutdown relay for a car that didnt use it. And aparrently i was the asshole.
Those two, convinced me to keep my mouth shut and sell em what they want, even though they couldnt diagnose their way out of a wet paper bag.
And then there is this guy...
2845_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=gAl1HJRxqCkAX-u5SW1&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg

I have refused to sell test items to people. Had a great one from one of the "more expensive car" sites. Just a standard sears timing light. Inductive. Freaking guy asked about two pages of wtf questions like how many amps can the inductive clamp hold, will it work on 12VAC. Finally had enough told him I wont sell it to him because he would hut himself and liability does not cover stupid.

Sold a guy a otc scan tool in the early days of efi. Wanted it because his car was having electrical problems. Lighting issues mostly.
Back then it was obd1 and could barely turn off the cel. He figured
The entire car was computer controlled.

I had heard you could wait for settling but didn't know if there were any other reasons to keep it upright. Thanks, I'll size it all up, bringing a blanket so will see what I can do. Also stopping by shop to borrow hand truck : )
Because of compressor oil. If you have to lay it down, go in direction least likely for oil to leave compressor. The longer you wait to turn on after standing up the better. Couple hours min.

Good Morning

Hello everyone. I hope all is well out there on coffee land. Going to be a nice sunny weekend in mid 60's. Not sure what will get accomplished but it will be pleasant

Heat wave over here, for the time being. Two 80+ days and back in the middle 60s today. Looks like there may be some areas of dense frogs out there. No wind, small craft, gale warnings, I can live with that :D

Man, they pushed back my starter relay delivery until April 13....

Napa, Orielly and advance have struck out too. Autozone doesn’t carry it. Ordered from Amazon. Rock auto carries it but unless I pay 99 bucks to ship it 3 day FedEx, it won’t get here until end of April.

Man, they pushed back my starter relay delivery until April 13....

Napa, Orielly and advance have struck out too. Autozone doesn’t carry it. Ordered from Amazon. Rock auto carries it but unless I pay 99 bucks to ship it 3 day FedEx, it won’t get here until end of April.
And you didnt think of asking Ray??:poke::poke::poke::realcrazy:

Hey all...................... Got scoops measured and drilled yesterday. Kind of daunting drilling holes in my pristine hood. Wish I had a spare........Chris, no comment....

so,start looking for an old oxygen sensor,to see if it will work on the downstream end of the convertor on the nissan. just to see if original is dead or its an ecu /wiring issue.think i could find one? nope.did find a choke thermostat i thought i still has as well as some switches i was looking for.bonus,a nice high mount brake light i may install on the fargo.

Hey all...................... Got scoops measured and drilled yesterday. Kind of daunting drilling holes in my pristine hood. Wish I had a spare........Chris, no comment....
Lol no comment on what

-
Back