Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
its not pretty, but it sure will make for a good off road testing circuit. My duster is going to see a lot of dirt roads since most of my buddies have little 4wd mini trucks and I aim to beat them. my car is going to be made to beat on.
You need to find and read whatever tips and hints can be found from Scott Harvey.
Not sure how you will be defining 'beat them' but sometimes just finishing or making it home is a victory.
laugh2-gif.gif

upload_2021-5-11_13-55-58.png

Doubt I would have made it through if the course hadn't dried out from the wet down by the time the RWD cars ran. With some A/T or rally tires maybe wouldn;t have been such an issue but for my uses well lugged all-seasons are a good compromise. That was the only rallycross I've driven in, and the region has held less than 4 or 5 total in the past 15 years.

upload_2021-5-11_13-58-39.png

Some links to the Harvey articles (at the Shell 4000 Trans-Canada Rally website) in one of my posts here:
Where to Start, A Reading List:

Last edited:
You need to find and read whatever tips and hints can be found from Scott Harvey.
Not sure how you will be defining 'beat them' but sometimes just finishing or making it home is a victory.View attachment 1715736101
View attachment 1715736099
Doubt I would have made it through if the course hadn't dried out from the wet down by the time the RWD cars ran. With some A/T or rally tires maybe wouldn;t have been such an issue but for my uses well lugged all-seasons are a good compromise. That was the only rallycross I've driven in, and the region has held less than 4 or 5 total in the past 15 years.

View attachment 1715736100

Some links to the Harvey articles (at the Shell 4000 Trans-Canada Rally website) in one of my posts here:
Where to Start, A Reading List:
By beat I mean to make it home without breaking it.
almost every time they go out, they break something.
My friends little nissan has broken more torsion bars than I can count.
I just like the idea of taking my car somewhere where it was never meant to be.
plus, no cops, and no laws off road so its just a good time.

My yard is 9 acres, and i have a total of 49.6. The rest is rented to a farmer.

Well out to the new house Thursday, chasing a 10 gallon a day leak on the water line. We took the single handle, free standing, yard water spicket out a couple weeks ago. It was old and really leaking and thought it would take care of it. No water usage showed on the meter for a few days, then 10 gallons a day. Checked the house no leaks or signs of a leak. Checked the sprinkler heads no signs of leaking. Back flow valve was leaking and replaced. Still have the hole where we took the spicket out uncovered and can see a little water seeping off the main line. We decided not to hand dig any further. It's too deep (4-5 feet) and not risking a wider trench and possible cave in with us in it. Going to get a trencher out to dig for us and see what we can see.

Well out to the new house Thursday, chasing a 10 gallon a day leak on the water line. We took the single handle, free standing, yard water spicket out a couple weeks ago. It was old and really leaking and thought it would take care of it. No water usage showed on the meter for a few days, then 10 gallons a day. Checked the house no leaks or signs of a leak. Checked the sprinkler heads no signs of leaking. Back flow valve was leaking and replaced. Still have the hole where we took the spicket out uncovered and can see a little water seeping off the main line. We decided not to hand dig any further. It's too deep (4-5 feet) and not risking a wider trench and possible cave in with us in it. Going to get a trencher out to dig for us and see what we can see.
Bummer.....

-
Back