Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
What we use at work, 10psi of oil pressure per 1000 rpm is a safe rule of thumb. My 440 does run 50psi at idle (1000rpm) hot and 70psi at 2500rpm cruise.

Mine is high right now in the 440, 60 at idle but really not broken in yet also. Hoping it ends up around 40 at idlle. Have a high voume melllings pump in it.

Good Morning Everyone. A bit sleepy - a big bit sleepy today. Didn't even think to quote @Mopar Tim or @Mattax with the oil pressure comment. Oh well, pass the coffee.

Dam having serious issues finding the tires I want for the R/T for a price I can afford right now. Guess the 225's will go on they are one of the recomended sizes in the door jam sticker. I just wanted the truck up a bit for the snow in the winter. Hell they are expensive!

I hear ya. I had about $1,000 in the last set that went on my truck. 265s Load Range E

Thats about where 4 come in I need a spare also!:mob: Has to wait for a whille. Was hoping for more $$$ at Carlisle, weird year there. Saturday kind of sucked.

what size exactly? that seems pretty high for that size, but I know inflation is taking off

255/55/r17, just not common. Shot some of the money on those 225's by accident, thought they were 255's by acident, that was my bad for sure. Still cant get how they can ship tires for free, that has to be expensive.

Morning again!
Hey Ray! Hows things doing, hope all is well. Installed that Petronix you sent me, made a difference.
Noticed the points were a little burnt and considering how little time on had running the car, im now wondering did I have the wrong ballast.
Doesn't matter now and thanks again
Steve from the island

Morning!
Well, dont think we need rain anymore. Heavy rain all night.
The weekend is going to be hot, so the humidity will be high.
Firebird for transmission pan leak today. Guy is planning on having me do 1/4 panels this winter. I suggested we start with fixing the floor 1st. It needs work.

Depends on where you're measuring it, but in general 45 at idle suggests very high viscosity (normal if the engine is cold). At idle the pump isn't moving that much volume. If the measurement is close to the pump, high pressure means that little volume isn't flowing up through the engine.

When the pressure is high because the oil is too thick its like this.
View attachment 1715779229

It's not getting more flow to the top no matter how much pressure is added.
Factory location at the back of the block but with an aftermarket mechanical gauge. Engine at full temp. 5W20 oil.

Thanks Steve glad it woke it up a bit. Ballasts make a big difference they have to be matched to the box to get all you can out of them. Every one thinks they are all the same. Nope. Points burnt is usually a bad condenser.

Factory location at the back of the block but with an aftermarket mechanical gauge. Engine at full temp. 5W20 oil.
How tight are your bearing tolerances Chris? Mine are on the low side so expected higher pressure and ower volume in it.

-
Back