Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Chris what gauge you using to measure this, just caught the 5/20 shoud be lower, mine is with 20/50 right now.

@Mopar Tim
Maybe best is to make a tracing on cardboard of 16" diameter. Then center it on the radiator in front of the fan and cut/markup the cardboard to the radiator mounts, etc. Then you can compare to what's out there.

I think I have the fix. 66 has a fixed kickdown setup. I have modified a later setup. I need to make the slot longer. On the carb linkage. Not coming forward all the way. Already adjusted as short as it will go....
Picture of your throttle/kickdown linkage at the carb? You running stock or Lokar?

Chris what gauge you using to measure this, just caught the 5/20 shoud be lower, mine is with 20/50 right now.
It’s an aftermarket SunPro mechanical gauge. If you all think somethings up, I have a brand new Mopar performance mechanical I can swap into it and see if it changes.

Picture of your throttle/kickdown linkage at the carb? You running stock or Lokar?
He said he was running a later factory kickdown. Not sure which one or how it differs from the '66 kickdown.
I do know there is some differences in bellcrank and arm lengths between the 904 and 727. But thats about all I know.

It’s an aftermarket SunPro mechanical gauge. If you all think somethings up, I have a brand new Mopar performance mechanical I can swap into it and see if it changes.
If it reads zero engine off and 50 psi on the highway then seems unlikely the inbetween would be that far out of wack on a mechanical. No?

I'm thinking like Jonny said last night - maybe something with the relief spring ?

Definatelly coud be that the car sat forever so anything coud happen, varnished, dirt, Rust on the pump housing, Chris, Smurfs........

Any of you oder guys remember Wynns enging flush? And the big plastic rings that came in them?
image-jpg.jpg

Wow no pictures of those Wynns rings, we used to put them over ball joint boots dam things made them nice and tight even if they broke.

at 212 *F viscosities are roughly
8.4 centistokes for a 5W-20
10.4 centistokes for 5 or 10W-30
15.6 centidtokes for 10W-40

at 180 *F
14 centistokes for a 5W-20
which is why it was recommended for use only when air temperatures were consistantly under 10* F

upload_2021-8-11_8-57-29.png

Dam Matt WTF is a centistokes? Seriously have no idea? Sounds llike something dirty a midget would do.

An established unit used for the measurement of kinematic viscosity. The accepted SI unit is m2/s and 1cSt = 10-6 m2/s.
Makes total sense now!:BangHead:

Kinematics is a subfield of physics, developed in classical mechanics, that describes the motion of points, bodies, and systems of bodies without considering the forces that cause them to move.

Matt you have to dumb it down here on the allhimers thread.

kinematic viscosity. Ya what he said. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Had to go look.
centistokes is centimeters squared per second.

An older measurement for car oils was Saybolt viscosity. Its just in seconds.
Thats easier to understand. Pour the oil through the test machine and if its thin, it goes through in less time than if its thick.

Way too early. Brain oil isnt warmed up enough. Need more coffee!

-
Back