Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Yes it is. I grabbed that out of a wrecking yard. Car was sad. 2 BBL setup. Different then 4BBL. As far as I know, the main difference is where the "arm" is attached at the pivot, and how straight it is.....

View attachment 1715779553
That makes sense.
Did any A-bodies get a 727 before '67?

I made a spreadsheet for 67- 70ish to try figure out what aprts are the same and what were different in those years.

I was going to tak a pic of my 360/4bbl/727 setup, dont know if it will help. 1979 vintage.
My 1/2 is early and 2/3 is what i think is normal. Its set at wot,and with the spring at transmission.

And now I've confused myself because you posted a pic of a 727 gasket for me the other night.

Tim's '66 has a 904 or a 727?

904 with deep pan?
20210810_112017-jpg.jpg

Enough fluid?
Or using a lowered filter?

really the point of my post about the oil viscosity was that the most important factor is temperature.
On a regular Chysler engine from the 60s, a 5W-20 at normal operating temps is going to be really thin.
It only makes sense to use a 5W-20 with normal bearing clearances if the engine is running really cold.
View attachment 1715779385
O here we go, using data and fact in place of emotionally charged hypothetical statements! Hah! I have woken up on the wrong thread again! Now Matt is trying to force me to think. I vote we just hand it over to Chris so we can watch it go up in smoke! Then I don’t have to think!

Sorry. Got way off track then.
Your idea to shorten that top rod and somehow clear whatever is in the way still seems worth pursuing.
upload_2021-8-11_12-47-18.png

Maybe it needs a bend
upload_2021-8-11_12-48-3.png

This one is 'repop' but works OKish for most dual planes.
upload_2021-8-11_12-50-9.png

I think that makes sense. Too much back on the transmission's lever and it thinks the engine is under load so it delays upshifting.

That makes sense.
Did any A-bodies get a 727 before '67?

I made a spreadsheet for 67- 70ish to try figure out what aprts are the same and what were different in those years.
Not that I’ve ever seen. That said, Ma Mopar did have a habit of putting whatever they had on hand that fit if they needed too

-
Back