Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Tomorrow i guess back into shop. More cleaning. Im setting my mind to get a handle on the disaster.
Guess my buddy is retiring after 23 years as a public works foreman. He made his decision today. The municipality is losing a great asset.

Cruise to town tonight.
Was eating acorns, aparrently didnt like the exhaust noise from the fargo.
809634C3-CFA6-49DF-AD7D-B55D516F1259.jpeg

Well, I got everything done in town this morning, washed bed clothes and put beans in the fridge to soak in water.
As soon as I finished up I get two phone calls, friends wanting to hang out and shoot pool, so I get the shop nice and cool and had 3 hours of good conversation and time around the table.
All in all a good day.

No drama in my life these days, wife says I have been threw enough and it should be over as far as drama, death and such in my life.

Memike on the hill is humbled and happy.

FB_IMG_1630687168807.jpg

My mechanic buddy Teddy has about 4 Harley's . He wants to sell be the 83 Shovelhead...Cheap...Less than 3k...I think Im on it....
I rode a rigid shovel head for a great many years. Dual plug fire breathing dragon. I built frame Swedish style. I wrapped it around a tree one night after me and SA worked security for a band at local honky Tonk. Gave it to my older brother he kept motor and gave frame to his boy. We kept it in family. It is the one on right with coffin frame. One on left is middle Brothers sled (RIP)

8425B926-71AA-4811-BDF0-B1F4BB446067.jpeg

I've decided I need to do something with the cars this weekend.
I went out tonight and the 55 has a dead battery. The Barracuda started go figure.
I think I've driven them once in the last four months...yes they've been abused...no they don't need a new home they'll like the one I've fixed up for them.
Time to refocus and think cars again!!

I went out tonight and the 55 has a dead battery. The Barracuda started go figure.
I think I've driven them once in the last four months...yes they've been abused...no they don't need a new home they'll like the one I've fixed up for them.
You need to pm me your new address. I have something to send you for the new garage.

Likewise

Just moved into the new place so there has been a lot of cleaning, repair and unpacking going on. By the end of the workday and the chores I'm pretty much spent except for some reading and research.

Big push this weekend to wrap up major repairs on the house so more time in the garage.

Likewise

Just moved into the new place so there has been a lot of cleaning, repair and unpacking going on. By the end of the workday and the chores I'm pretty much spent except for some reading and research.

Big push this weekend to wrap up major repairs on the house so more time in the garage.
I hear ya. We haven't been to a single car show or cruise night this year. :wtf:
We usually do 25-30 car shows a year showing one of the two cars we're proud owners of.
We've traveled across the US showing them. Many of us here in this thread meet up at least once or twice a year.
Never a dull moment, friends for life. Funny in person how we all are really so much alike. :thumbsup:
Looking forward to next time...as long as we have the new necessary travel paperwork. :mad:

Same here, focus on my 66 , but it seems I can come up with an excuse to leave it for another day and clean my truck, house or yard work, fall is in the air and thats when my mopar gear blood starts to flow .

FB_IMG_1630433671792.jpg

So my carburetor was leaking from the bottom of the float bowl and hopefully my new cork gasket I made and the gasket maker hold just long enough to make it to the monthly show that I have been preparing this damn thing for about two weeks. First it was the seat being too close, (had to make new brackets), then I had to fix the motor mount, after that I had to rebuild the carburetor because it was juuuuuuunk (liked to die when hot.), then the dust cap fell off on the drive to the gas station.
it better make it.

Good Morning FABO.
Good to see you still standing this morning.

Time fur coffee and preparations for moving to and fro across the earth. Furniture pickup and construction materials needed... while I wait on the Sheriff's Office to send someone over to verify the V I N on the Valiant.

Morning!
55/75 today.
Back in shop, thinking i just need to start in one corner and keep working at it.
Some battery cores to haul in too. I get $18 apiece for cores and 15 each that i bring in extra.

Good morning everyone. Happy Friday. Just waiting to see what new mandates have in store for me at work. Sigh.

So last night I got an estimate for some concreate work at the new place. The original owner for whatever reason put a strange approach to the front of the detached garage. I want to cut out a 80'x15' section and make the driveway approach to the garage wider with a parking area.
The guy who came by last night said his company had done the concreate for the garage. He said the owner then was really strange. He couldn't convince him to make the approach wider. The owner also didn't want the cement mix truck driving on his driveway, so they laid plywood from the street to the garage 130 yards away. :wtf: In today's wood $$ that would be expensive.
A pic to show you the problem. Dirt to the left is what's coming out. The little grassy spot between the garage and house is also turning to concreate. No the shed is not mine.

A0A2F34A-0E60-4931-BDC2-9693A061AF8B.jpeg

So last night I got an estimate for some concreate work at the new place. The original owner for whatever reason put a strange approach to the front of the detached garage. I want to cut out a 80'x15' section and make the driveway approach to the garage wider with a parking area.
The guy who came by last night said his company had done the concreate for the garage. He said the owner then was really strange. He couldn't convince him to make the approach wider. The owner also didn't want the cement mix truck driving on his driveway, so they laid plywood from the street to the garage 130 yards away. :wtf: In today's wood $$ that would be expensive.
A pic to show you the problem. Dirt to the left is what's coming out. The little grassy spot between the garage and house is also turning to concreate. No the shed is not mine.

View attachment 1715788628

I see what you mean on the approach. I have to deal with a below-grade, side load garage so the retaining wall creates some challenges getting in and out with a larger car (and no power steering)

View attachment 1715788628
so your going to regrade and eliminate the crappy looking wood retaining wall?
Is the left garage higher than the right? Looks like it goes up a few feet... If so, I wouldn't pour the sloped piece in middle.

-
Back