Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hey....Harley's don't leak oil anymore....a bad rap from the 60's
But it is from the 60’s… And it didn’t end in the 60’s. We kept a drip pan under my buddy’s freshly redone 70 something Sportster parked in the living room of my ground level apartment one Winter. :D

But it is from the 60’s… And it didn’t end in the 60’s. We kept a drip pan under my buddy’s freshly redone 70 something Sportster parked in the living room of my ground level apartment one Winter. :D

Better than being caught by the land lord with a SBC in the bath tub as a friend of mine did :rofl:

Nice.

Just ran down a short in the kitchen GFI. The prior owner replaced the backsplash and shorted the ground...

Only zapped myself once

View attachment 1715791388
Need one of those.
Can’t find my no contact tester. :BangHead: Should get one of those circuit tracer sets too.
Better than being caught by the land lord with a SBC in the bath tub as a friend of mine did :rofl:
Don’t think he cared. Pretty sure he saw it. Had it all decorated up for Christmas. :lol:

So this is where the magnum block seals. But the sealing surface for LA is behind there

20210916_093036.jpg

By the time the rear seal is seated in grove not enough is left to seal against pan.

Oil Pan
Several versions of the production oil pan are available. The 273, 318, and 340 all use the same basic oil pan. The 360 pan is unique because the end radius is smaller on the 360 pan. They are not interchangeable. Magnum pans are similar (5.2L is unique from 5.9L), but the sump locations based on the vehicle tend to be unique.

The oil pan has a sump that must be compatible with the engine compartment and vehicle chassis. The sump can be in the middle, at the rear (shown), or at the front, which is rare. Another component of an oil pan is the end seal radius. The 273, 318, and 340 share one set of radii and the 360 radius is smaller. These pans are not interchangeable.

From

https://search.aol.com/click/_ylt=Awr9Dto4eENh6pcARwhpCWVH;_ylu=Y29sbwNncTEEcG9zAzEEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1631840440/RO=10/RU=https://www.mopardiy.com/mopar-engine-performance-guide-oiling-system/RK=0/RS=ROCw486Oex8iIOvbEhjMB9jsZdQ-

Fixed

Harley did not make a sportster in the 70's it was a Harley Sportster made by AMF! Harley nearly went out of business because of the stigma of AMF

I have always ridden Hondas Yamahas and bultacos. I always bad mouthed Harley. Truth be told. I wish I would have bought a Harley many many years ago. No real comparison and I would choose a Harley again. I also have a Honda CB900 and a Honda CB550 and a CB450. My choice for the long ride is the Harley and I keep mine behind the couch with no leaks on the carpet. 28,000 miles

I even like the AMF Harleys. At least they were AMERICAN bikes. The older I get, the more I cannot stand foreign CRAP.

Harley did not make a sportster in the 70's it was a Harley Sportster made by AMF! Harley nearly went out of business because of the stigma of AMF

HD has changed much in the last few years. All the grief they got about the V-Rod water pumper, they're gone. The new dual sports, they're water pumpers. The water pumper entry level bike they make became quite popular with the dirt track gang. V&H liked those V-Rods and V- Rods liked them. :D

-
Back