Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Interesting stove install for the heavy equipment guys…

View attachment 1715792937

Well worn teeth, wear pads on the sides, the scallop worn between the teeth :thumbsup:. Some artistic hard facing would really wake it up
th?id=OIP.jpg
:lol:

The Weather Service gang hit it right on the head today.
They said 75° and breezy. I think 35mph gusts count as breezy :lol:
35 mph winds? Hah! Just a normal day up here on the Tundra where we only have a tree every twenty miles or so. It don’t count as breezy till the wind is strong enough to flip the lid up on your trash can, bounce off your head, and knock you senseless. Or slam the truck door closed on your legs.

35 mph winds? Hah! Just a normal day up here on the Tundra where we only have a tree every twenty miles or so. It don’t count as breezy till the wind is strong enough to flip the lid up on your trash can, bounce off your head, and knock you senseless. Or slam the truck door closed on your legs.

You forgot getting the open car door and blowing even more open and springing the door and door jam :lol: That was frequent in Barstow :lol: My friend at the body shop had some 3/4 drive sockets he used in the door jam to reverse the wind damage :rofl:

But are not the k members the same? Just the mounts are different. Or so I thought....

Early A they are. Not sure about later ones.
Yup early is like that, 67 and up there is a difference between v8 and slant.

If he changes k frames he will want to avoid the 67, it's a one year only k frame and what makes it different is how the idler arm mounts, the replacement idler arm for 67 only is super hard to find. It's just easier to get a 68 to 72.

Evening. Survived my tour in AfghanIndiana for this months. Never seen such disarray and chaos in my life.

Well I almost finished the bricks today.
Managed to get within 2 ft of doors then ran out of Bricks.
I don't want to do 2ft of Belgium block. So I need to go down and dig up another 100 bricks. .that should get me close enough to finish with the larger blocks . They. are about 12x18

From what I found, it looked like the v8 k-frame had different mount surfaces that are higher up.
"V8'ing" a Slant K member
The driver side mount is identical on v8 and slant k frames, the difference is the passenger side. The slant passenger mount is lower and flatter.

If you can weld, you really can modify your existing frame to bolt up to factory v8 mounts a lot easier than that thread there.

-
Back