Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Back read all. Good morning. Got my new dist. Yesterday. Install tomorrow. Still working on pool wiring. Guy put 3/4 inch conduit with sweeps. Did not install correctly. Left gap at connections. Cannot get fish thru. So digging up some today to fix that issue. What a pain. 1 inch conduit please. Not a lot more money but much better.

Back read all. Good morning. Got my new dist. Yesterday. Install tomorrow. Still working on pool wiring. Guy put 3/4 inch conduit with sweeps. Did not install correctly. Left gap at connections. Cannot get fish thru. So digging up some today to fix that issue. What a pain. 1 inch conduit please. Not a lot more money but much better.

Sounds like he needs to work on his plumbing skills as well.

If you leave gaps at corners the fish tape hooks into it. No way around it. And the pull is almost 200 ft without a pull box half way like it should have.
tie a small piece of cloth that almost fills the tube, to a string and vacuum it through.

busy, busy...Tried to start the Duster again with no luck. I'd say it is definitly a no spark problem. Might sit that way till spring. :( Too much else going on. Cleaning chimney and pipes, Need to but new rubber blades on snowblower, painting hallway ...
Mowed around the house yesterday. Hopefully for the last time this year. Got a guy lined up to do the tree. Probably first week of December. Will have to mow over that area again and the rest of the back yet. First quote wanted 2K then dropped to $1400 'after she thought about it'.This guy is going to do it for 700 and I know he's good - did work at neighbors place. And his price includes some trimming on that big maple that is still dumping leaves.

busy, busy...Tried to start the Duster again with no luck. I'd say it is definitly a no spark problem. Might sit that way till spring. :( Too much else going on. Cleaning chimney and pipes, Need to but new rubber blades on snowblower, painting hallway ...
Mowed around the house yesterday. Hopefully for the last time this year. Got a guy lined up to do the tree. Probably first week of December. Will have to mow over that area again and the rest of the back yet. First quote wanted 2K then dropped to $1400 'after she thought about it'.This guy is going to do it for 700 and I know he's good - did work at neighbors place. And his price includes some trimming on that big maple that is still dumping leaves.
about the duster... what year is it?

most likely the coil, which is original. need to do some testing. But, its f'n cold here now and it's not going anywhere till Spring.
Well you would think, but the coil that was on my slant before I swapped the v8 into it was still good. That thing is basically falling apart.
Yes, they can go bad but in my experience it is not TOO common.
(but what the hell do I know)
I only mess with points. not that new-fangled petronix stuff.

Waiting for parts again. Equinox needs a speed sensor. Open circuit. You can connect to the sensor, ac volts on meter, 2 volt setting and spin wheel. It generates a small current. Unless it fails.

Well you would think, but the coil that was on my slant before I swapped the v8 into it was still good. That thing is basically falling apart.
Yes, they can go bad but in my experience it is not TOO common.
(but what the hell do I know)
I only mess with points. not that new-fangled petronix stuff.
Pretty good chance i would never run pertronics even if it was free. Msd too.
Give me good old mopar electronic ignition, or points. I need nothing more. Test light and a good volt/ohm meter and troubleshooting the entire car is easy.

Pretty good chance i would never run pertronics even if it was free. Msd too.
Give me good old mopar electronic ignition, or points. I need nothing more. Test light and a good volt/ohm meter and troubleshooting the entire car is easy.
exactly. I figure that when I become a mechanic i'll be messing with enough complicated electronic systems.
just give me some dual points and a screwdriver and i'll be alright.:D

Got new dist. Did not take to long

20211119_102014.jpg

Hell I’ll come drop it for 700

Keith that the box that was in there when I was over? Temp change wil do that on the cheap ones.
Yep. I’m figuring between the box and the coil, temp opened up circuit on one or both. Pretty sure I have a new one for both on the shelf when I get around to it.

So as most of you know I am a gun bunny when not doing Mopar stuff. In addition I am admin/moderator on a gun bunny site that is quasi private and all alumni. Long story short being admin is mostly easy on the site and always thankless. With the recent court action the discussions have been spirited shall we say. Point I am making is super big shout out to all of our Moderators on FABO. I could not do it everyday. What a hot mess, it is like herding cats. Guys are super passionate and do not always convey their meaning clearly but with a lot of adjectives! I could not even imagine what the FABO moderators put up with and scrub on a daily basis. Hats off to em!

Hell I’ll come drop it for 700
I here ya… Not an ez drop. Double trunk up on a mound. He is doing most of it from a bucket. When he did neighbors, showed up with 5 people, bucket truck, chipper into dump box, tractor to move logs. I got all the wood and chips from that job free.
14D24B98-6626-4B35-8FFC-EFA210F0276E.jpeg

-
Back