Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Nearing 6K miles on the Mazda. Manual calls for oil change at10K, but it’s getting a little dark. Thinking at least for first one thats way too long. Of course they want you to bring it in. Their oil, their filter, their techs... They just moved, think I will have a visit and see what they charge and how long till they could do it.

Nearing 6K miles on the Mazda. Manual calls for oil change at10K, but it’s getting a little dark. Thinking at least for first one thats way too long. Of course they want you to bring it in. Their oil, their filter, their techs... They just moved, think I will have a visit and see what they charge and how long till they could do it.
They cant void warranty if you take it somewhere other than a mazda dealer.
If they claim it voids warranty, then they have to do the oil change for free. Guess i should have copied that and kept it somewhere. Its an old law.

No "first change" freebie?

Not a bad idea to have the oil changed at the dealer the first few times and occasionally during the life of the warranty. A good customer file does have some clout if you need the manufacturers help with an issue just out of warranty. 13 years at the GM dealer taught me that.

They cant void warranty if you take it somewhere other than a mazda dealer.
If they claim it voids warranty, then they have to do the oil change for free. Guess i should have copied that and kept it somewhere. Its an old law.
Yep, I am aware of that. Normally do my own.
No "first change" freebie?
Actually, yes. SoI have it scheduled for 12/13 :thumbsup:
I also found out they don’t even use Mazda brand oil(Castrol). Forgot to ask what filter they use.

Not a bad idea to have the oil changed at the dealer the first few times and occasionally during the life of the warranty. A good customer file does have some clout if you need the manufacturers help with an issue just out of warranty. 13 years at the GM dealer taught me that.
Mazda does require you to track your oil changes if dealer not doing them or they will not warranty anything they can blame on it. Must keep receipts for oil and filter.

I knew an old guy, Ed Averitt used to race those things way back when. I think he got down into the nines with them. Small block Chevys of course.

mickeymonday.jpg

Toronadothursday.jpg

MT's LUV Truck in the mid 70s. Toronado transaxle BB Chebbie :steering:

Service guy had no clue about the 10K interval in manual. Said they do 5K to 7500. Surprised I haven’t gotten any service special, etc from them. I did get mail from Mazda soon after I bought it, but don’t think the dealer ever sent me anything. We still get mail from the Dodge dealers where we bought the Journey and Magnum even though we haven’t been to either in years.

I’ve never found the need to load up a pick up with weight to get thru the snow. I don’t see why people do. Course I keep good tires and tread wear on before winter.
That reminds me of one... We don't get a lot of winter, ice or snow here, so when we do nobody is prepared. Owner/operator of tire/auto service center where I worked drove a long bed 2wd chevy pickup, 350. Previous summer he bought a new brick house in a subdivision with a fairly long cement driveway. So he's thinking, OH YEAH, snow tires, stud installs, make some good money today. What we got was about 4 inches of snow with a good inch of sleet/frozen rain on top. He dropped the tailgate and shoved the driveway into the bed as he backed up all the way to the street. I should include this was a Saturday morning. We always tried to close at noon but rarely got away before 1:30/2:00. Anyway, his truck got him to the lower entrance of shops parking lot before it shut down. That truck blocking one entrance didn't slow business one bit. We worked or butts off till about 3:00. Then He says, "Yall help me get my truck inside and you can go. So we pulled and pushed to get the truck indoors. I got a fresh battery off the shelf and tried to start it. Nope. Took me a little while to finger out the condenser in the points distributer was the culprit. About the time I had new points and condenser in it, ready to go, his buddy Danny drives up in his dully boom wrecker. I knew these 2 like the cocaine and I just wanted to get home so, "I'm outa here". When we open the shop on Monday morn' I find he left the dang chevy there for rest of weekend. The huge load ice he had in the back of that truck melted and flooded the shop floor.

Service guy had no clue about the 10K interval in manual. Said they do 5K to 7500. Surprised I haven’t gotten any service special, etc from them. I did get mail from Mazda soon after I bought it, but don’t think the dealer ever sent me anything. We still get mail from the Dodge dealers where we bought the Journey and Magnum even though we haven’t been to either in years.

I'm pretty sure that with the full synthetic oils everyone has moved to 10k intervals....although they'll still put 5,000 and 6 months on the window sticker.

I'm pretty sure that with the full synthetic oils everyone has moved to 10k intervals....although they'll still put 5,000 and 6 months on the window sticker.
They do. The oil life monitors are 10-12,000 km’s but gm puts 5,000 on the sticker.

Had to go get a Covid test this evening. Lady at work in hospital with it and they’re freaking out at work.

You, you, and you... panic. The rest of you come with me. ...
Pretty much. I have zero symptoms. Feel just fine. But coworker in ER that was direct contact with means the company panics

Not much going on tomorrow. Thought the viscous coupler would be in. Not until thu,fri, or sat. Cant remember if there is something else i can do. Will figure something out tomorrow.

-
Back