Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
If they built them right, they have a great view :D
PortSide%20Pier%203%20%28Medium%29.jpg

portside_brig_int2_t720.jpg

Screen-Shot-2020-07-28-at-2.32.20-PM.png

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you guys....

Last night while doing a Uber delivery, I picked up some food here in a local suburb named Crestwood which is a decent neighborhood... Had to deliver it to an address in Chicago.... One of those neighborhoods where everyone parks on the street and it's hard to find a parking spot... (No garages or drive-ways...)

Just before I turned onto that street there was a Chicago cop car off to the side... Then after I turned onto the delivery street, the cop car turned behind me... Oh ****, I'm gonna get pulled over... :BangHead:

Then I pulled to the side and he went by me... Shew, that was close... :drama:

After handing off the food to the customer, I was walking back to my car and heard 3-4 loud bangs.... Then a pause and 10 more.... Gunshots a few blocks away.... :elmer:

Fuckin-A.... :wtf:

By that time the cops were gone... :mob:

I called their support line and told them to block out any more deliveries to that area for me, but they say that they don't have that capability in their app... I told them that I will not deliver to bad neighborhoods where I can get shot and they need to add a blocking capability to the app...

This **** ain't worth getting shot over.... :icon_fU: :mad:

Last night while doing a Uber delivery, I picked up some food here in a local suburb named Crestwood which is a decent neighborhood... Had to deliver it to an address in Chicago.... One of those neighborhoods where everyone parks on the street and it's hard to find a parking spot... (No garages or drive-ways...)

Just before I turned onto that street there was a Chicago cop car off to the side... Then after I turned onto the delivery street, the cop car turned behind me... Oh ****, I'm gonna get pulled over... :BangHead:

After handing off the food to the customer, I was walking back to my car and heard 3-4 loud bangs.... Then a pause and 10 more.... Gunshots a few blocks away.... :elmer:

I called their support line and told them to block out any more deliveries to that area for me, but they say that they don't have that capability in their app... I told them that I will not deliver to bad neighborhoods where I can get shot and they need to add a blocking capability to the app...

Technically it wouldn't be difficult to do...map layer with FBI crime data by census block. Realtor dot com does something similar.

What they don't want to deal with is the lawsuits

I slept in late today....

I had a cup of tea with the lemons like memike recommended and also a bowl of chicken noodle soup with garlic yesterday and it kicked in and I started feeling a little better...

Then Ubered all day and stressed my system out and the twinge in my throat kicked back in after 10 PM....

Still had the twinge in my throat earlier this morning (9AM) so I went back to bed and slept in until 1 PM and the twinge is gone...

I think I will have another bowl of soup and tea and see how that kicks in.... Th en some of the leftover giant burrito that I had last night and only took a few bites.... I found a burrito place around here that has GIANT burritos for under $9 each... Big enough to get you through 2 meals.... :D
So you had something in your throat yesterday and again this morning. And now you are craving Giant burritos...uh huh.. :poke:

Hmm...Uber HRD... High Risk Delivery Teams...

4 dudes in an armored G-wagon.. driver, medic, gun guy and food handler...

Of course there would be a substantial up-charge and night differential.

Had to listen to game on AM radio in shop cause Dish is battling with NBC. Was out hauling more trees out with winch when it quit in the "out" direction, rut row. Thought the controller was bad because I looked at an incorrect pinout for a Warn 5 pin, finally figured out it's a solenoid. If it wasn't such a pain pulling out 100 feet of that cable I'd run with it for awhile. It's not an external mounted solenoid, I'm not excited about taking apart the winch and rebuilding, prolly needs that, lots of miles.

-
Back