Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Oh I know. I’m fine with the sudden death. But I’ve long thought that they should just continue to possession sequence. I have long thought that it wasn’t right having the same team that just scored, get the ball right back.
Coin flip? Just about as fair as you can get.

How does Overtime Work in the NFL Playoffs and Super Bowl?

• Just like in the regular season, at the end of regulation, a coin toss determines which team will have possession first in overtime. Each team must possess, or have the opportunity to possess, the ball, with one notable exception: If the team that gets the ball first scores a touchdown on the opening possession.
  • If the score is still tied at the end of an overtime period — or if the second team’s initial possession has not ended — the teams will play another overtime period. Play will continue regardless of how many overtime periods are needed for a winner to be determined.
  • There will be a two-minute intermission between each overtime period. There will not be a halftime intermission after the second period.
  • The captain who lost the first overtime coin toss will either choose to possess the ball or select which goal his team will defend, unless the team that won the coin toss deferred that choice.
  • Each team gets three timeouts during a half.
  • The same timing rules that apply at the end of the second and fourth regulation periods also apply at the end of a second or fourth overtime period.
  • If there is still no winner at the end of a fourth overtime period, there will be another coin toss, and play will continue until a winner is declared.
NFL Owner's Manual :lol:

• Just like in the regular season, at the end of regulation, a coin toss determines which team will have possession first in overtime. Each team must possess, or have the opportunity to possess, the ball, with one notable exception: If the team that gets the ball first scores a touchdown on the opening possession.
  • If the score is still tied at the end of an overtime period — or if the second team’s initial possession has not ended — the teams will play another overtime period. Play will continue regardless of how many overtime periods are needed for a winner to be determined.
  • There will be a two-minute intermission between each overtime period. There will not be a halftime intermission after the second period.
  • The captain who lost the first overtime coin toss will either choose to possess the ball or select which goal his team will defend, unless the team that won the coin toss deferred that choice.
  • The same timing rules that apply at the end of the second and fourth regulation periods also apply at the end of a second or fourth overtime period.
  • If there is still no winner at the end of a fourth overtime period, there will be another coin toss, and play will continue until a winner is declared.

Like, thanks, and agree. You get all 3.

And I'm sure they knew that.

upload_2022-1-24_6-4-35.jpeg

Good Morning and what a wonderful morning it is!!
Matched only by my remorse the Packers are done. But honestly I think I watched the two best teams in the NFL play last night. At the very least, the two best quarterbacks. Man two exceptional athletes. Numbers were a mirror image of each other. Well except the W of course, but holy smokes.

Matched only by my remorse the Packers are done. But honestly I think I watched the two best teams in the NFL play last night. At the very least, the two best quarterbacks. Man two exceptional athletes. Numbers were a mirror image of each other. Well except the W of course, but holy smokes.
Yep, it came literally came down to who had the ball last. What a game!!

-
Back