Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Too much to back read. I tried. I quit. I hope all is well out there. Just have to get through the week, then 10 days in AZ mountains.

Dont fit worth a ****!
Have to work with what i have.
1A918A65-8276-45BD-92A2-9EB396B61AA2.jpeg
All the holes are low i think. Will do a little trimming and bashing then it should be better.

Good spots both. What is there about a 30° temperature change between those two spots? :D

For sure. I will be leaving 30's° to get to Tombstone around 80° then about 60° the rest of the week by Payson.

I will be in Tombstone for a day or 2, then up near Payson in BFE
I buried my Brother in Payson, Me and other Brother decided to get RIP ink at location of his death. Worst I have ever got. After watching the hack do mine, oldest Brother bailed! I could not see what he was doing as it is on my back, only place I had any space left. Hah! I still have the wall tapestry made from our old run shirts my X sewed for him. Complete with 45 holes! (Small altercation in the house) Seriously glad that life is behind me.

Trying to buy 4 5 gallon gas cans. To transfer fuel from dart. Nope. Everyone local out Harbor freight has them. But really poor quality...

was talking with one of th efarmers at the market on Sat about whether his truck had a second tank he could use for a running grease/left over cooking oil etc. A) His Dodge did not. B) When he looked into it, actually a lot of hassle to do it including additives required and paying road tax on the fuel. I hadn't thought about that. People I've known doing it weren't hauling produce etc. I can see not worth the hassle (or risk not following the rules) for him.

I wonder how regular gas 1942 and today compare chenically and physical properties?
That chart above is average cost of regular.
So what was Av gas costing for all of our airplanes and torpedo boats etc?

was talking with one of th efarmers at the market on Sat about whether his truck had a second tank he could use for a running grease/left over cooking oil etc. A) His Dodge did not. B) When he looked into it, actually a lot of hassle to do it including additives required and paying road tax on the fuel. I hadn't thought about that. People I've known doing it weren't hauling produce etc. I can see not worth the hassle (or risk not following the rules) for him.
California put the kibash on home made diesel here. Was a big thing. People had contracts to pick up old used cooking grease. Behind a Benz diesel smelled like MC Donald Fry's

The old mechanical pump diesels didn't run bad on alternative fuels. Used ATF was a good one as long as you filtered it good to get rid of the clutch pack sludge and converter shavings. LOL

California put the kibash on home made diesel here. Was a big thing. People had contracts to pick up old used cooking grease. Behind a Benz diesel smelled like MC Donald Fry's
The only people I knew who did it had a dual tanks, and at the time access to free waste cooking grease. Yup. I could smell him coming. I always wondered if the dog knew it was him by the sound of the truck or also its smell. LOL

Here's WW2 2 oz can of light (rifle) oil that also could be carried in a belt pocket (pouch).
upload_2022-3-28_14-25-21.png

Its was also considered poison. Ya think!
Seems to be three or four different companies making them during the war and just after. Three grades; med, light, and special. Some also say Alox, which I think was a patent but also became a branding. Kindof cool. I had to resist collecting these things.

-
Back