Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
And it's up high enough I don't have to worry about water or flooding. Lol. :rofl:
Or clearing snow off the steps. :rofl: I would have to dig it in and the lower floor would be below grade. # steps to the front door. That's enough steps for this old fart to shovel snow off of. :lol:

Or clearing snow off the steps. :rofl: I would have to dig it in and the lower floor would be below grade. # steps to the front door. That's enough steps for this old fart to shovel snow off of. :lol:
Oh I'm sure I'll be there long enough I'll be plenty old I won't be wanting to climb those steps in the front of the house. But there are entrances on the lower level as well Thanks the Lord

My place is graded pretty good overall. but is fairly flat right in front of the house. So, with heavy rain it can really get saturated. I helped alleviate that by piping the two front downspouts to the back, just under the surface. From there it slopes off pretty good. Only time I have had water in the basement since doing that is when we got 2ft+ of snow in Spring with sudden melt.

My driveway is a mess too. Seems like people enjoy splashing through the puddles. Just makes it worse. .

Been there

IMG_20190901_162921.jpg

That obvious needs some fill and some crown or a slight slope to the low side.

My old place. One of the reasons I moved. 1/4 mile back on a private lane and neighbors who treated the road like a monster truck course and refused to contribute to repairs.

Sadly that changed when a neighbors wife passed. The Ambulance couldn't get in because of the road

I tell you what I used to shop lowes till one day they pissed me off over the Military discount. Said I had to have a Lowes card to use it. WTF! Switched to HD and have had zero problems with the appliances I have bought.
HD now makes you register online and wait to be verified. They also report it to the Military now so you have to stay under the legal limit of 20 percent of your base pay per year..

HD now makes you register online and wait to be verified. They also report it to the Military now so you have to stay under the legal limit of 20 percent of your base pay per year..

I've had my phone freeze up while trying to bring up my HD account, not sorry to the people behind me. Sometimes they just accept my regular ID. I want to make this painful for them as they've chosen to try to make it painful for me.

I consider it to be beautiful here everyday. With mostly sunshine and warm temps. But the local Vietnamese people do not like to go out in the sunshine in the middle of the day. You will see the majority of the people out and about early in the morning or in the evening after the sun goes down. I guess it's a cultural thing. The women are afraid if the sun makes them dark they look like they are poor field workers. If their skin is light and they use skin lighteners even after that then they appear to be well off in the community. Sounds bassakwards to me...

Probably get at mine tomorrow

Nice. I have some tilling to do, then plant some support stakes (fence posts) for my pole beans, then figure out drip lines because a lot of the veggies I'm growing like low watering and my rain bird will cause disease on the plants (possibly).

Driver must stand trial for deadly Tesla crash in California (msn.com)

I have an idea, lets all buy Teslas and drive around sleeping on auto pilot. Also hated by me is the retarded commercial with the group playing patty-cakes as there SUV makes a pass on a highway. I might be on that highway. Rant over.
You wouldn't like driving here or being on the roads in Vietnam. It's like a circus of calamities about to happen any moment. I even see most of them riding the motor scooters at around 30 to 40 km/h while talking or looking at their cell phones. I really don't know how there aren't more deaths on the road here. Even see lots of drunk men on motor scooters. Back in February a guy was so drunk in front of our house around midnight he missed a small road next to canal by my house, he drove into the canal and hit the concrete abutment and killed himself right there.

You wouldn't like driving here or being on the roads in Vietnam. It's like a circus of calamities about to happen any moment. I even see most of them riding the motor scooters at around 30 to 40 km/h while talking or looking at their cell phones. I really don't know how there aren't more deaths on the road here. Even see lots of drunk men on motor scooters. Back in February a guy was so drunk in front of our house around midnight he missed a small road next to canal by my house, he drove into the canal and hit the concrete abutment and killed himself right there.

I remember you posted on that, better keep your head on a swivel walking around there!

-
Back