Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Couple of coffee club tips.
Moving either bolt changes caster about twice as much as camber.
Depending on front and rear suspension mods, there is some degree of challenge in getting a lot of positive caster.

There's at least couple different approaches. The Master Tech goes over at least one time saver approach.
Starting from scratch, I'd start with both bolts at mid-point. Drop the car and see what the camber and caster is.
To change just camber, move both bolts the same distance (rotation).
Drop the car and remeasure.
With the camber close to what the tires want, then go onto caster.
To get more positive caster, move just the rear bolt inward if there is room to do that.
That will increase negative camber somewhat, and increase positive caster more.

That's just the sequence I needed. I've been just kinda "searching"

Good to know

Shop manuals will show alignment for crowned roads, manual steering and bias ply tires of the time.
Not many crowned roads left around here, and I set up for comp tires but is close enough for street.
The Barracuda has about 1/8" ride hight, -2* camber, and 2.8* caster, and 1/8" toe in on 25" tires
Your car with street tires and no tricks should ride higher. Maybe a little lower than the book says.
Probably 1/2* of camber will be good with all season radials and 1to 2 caster might be possible. If the slow steering is a PIA then go negative caster. But it will get better tire angles on corners with positive.

You ain’t far off. For two packs of hot dogs, a gallon a milk, a loaf of bread, two pounds of potatoes salad, two packs of buns. And a watermelon, equaled 101.35… this morning

That’s nuts! I actually got 2 for $5 on Ballpark beef dogs last week. I’m sure I could do under $30 for that order.

Where the f*ck are you shopping??? :realcrazy: :wtf: :eek:

upload_2022-7-3_15-32-32.png

upload_2022-7-3_15-36-19.png

upload_2022-7-3_15-33-52.png

upload_2022-7-3_15-37-18.png

upload_2022-7-3_15-34-27.png

upload_2022-7-3_15-35-1.png

upload_2022-7-3_15-38-37.png

upload_2022-7-3_15-33-16.png

Probably 1/2* of camber
That should have been 1/2* negative caster. I think the shape and construction of most modern tires prefers negative camber. The sidewalls, esp radials, have more 'give' and the treads are flatter.

I was just showing him the prices around here...
Amazing how much price varies by location .

that said, most of what was on sale, was sold out completely. But what was left, is what you get.

just curious, ground burger, 73/27 fatty stuff is 5.99 a pound here. What it where you are at

Car show was good. Will post pics when my kid sends them to me. Some cool rides.
3 1977 turbo trans am pace cars, was cool to see them roll in and my first time seeing this in person.
82BFF6F7-DD9E-49D0-888F-D88FA0940B3F.jpeg

But toe is done last.
Ride ht, - > camber - > caster - > toe.
recheck camber after caster as those two are tighty related.

Alignment shouldn't cause a vibration. It should cause pull or tire wear, which eventually might cause cupping.
Strings are OK for toe.
Need a bubble gage or digital version for camber and caster... I assume you have that.

And slip plates to do it right.

Amazing how much price varies by location .

that said, most of what was on sale, was sold out completely. But what was left, is what you get.

just curious, ground burger, 73/27 fatty stuff is 5.99 a pound here. What it where you are at

Tri Tips are $5.99/lbs this weekend here :poke:
Cruised by my usual gas stop today and it has gone down a nickle since I stopped the other day :realcrazy:

They have cheap gas here too, but its just the corn syrup stuff. :BangHead:
E10 at least. Buick recommends premium for our Envision but it's a bunch more so I run the e-10. A little worse mileage but not that much different.

E10 at least. Buick recommends premium for our Envision but it's a bunch more so I run the e-10. A little worse mileage but not that much different.
its for E85 and unleaded 88. Pretty sure I can't run either of them.''

-
Back