Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Looks like 1 1/2" of rain last night. Keeps things green and the corn growing.

We have maybe 15 small ugly trees in our meadow that we've decided to take out.
They are in a group on one side of the field and would look a lot nicer gone.
They aren't very big cut them down burn them in a pile bring the tractor in and pull the stumps.
A little dirt and you don't know they were ever there.
Shouldn't be too hard.

My neighbors ground their stumps down and covered with dirt then planted grass. Problem with that is stump decays and ground sinks down above it, they are constantly having to add dirt and replant grass, what a Pita! I only flush cut a stump so I don't hit it with my tractor and only in areas that aren't going to be grass/lawn.

We buy locally in August then freeze. Right now still relatively expensive in the stores, hoping for 5 for a dollar in the field, we'll see.
I paid $4 for a half dozen last week. He gives you 8 ears though. I froze some last year as well and will do it when the corn get's perfect in a week or so. Home frozen is way better than anything from a bag or can.

pg_s640x640&_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=doqNb02x9ugAX9CybC4&_nc_ht=scontent.fmci1-3.jpg

Impeccable timing, I wondered if people would notice if I left.
Got back an hour ago from our last family roadtrip before I start working and become unavailable. 5 weeks, all the way out to niagra falls and washington d.c. and back. 6300 miles.
(not in the duster.):lol:

Ill post pictures when I get a little more settled.

Good to be back

Good to hear back!

Sounds like a quality road trip. You should have swung through Carlisle :D

We have maybe 15 small ugly trees in our meadow that we've decided to take out.
They are in a group on one side of the field and would look a lot nicer gone.
They aren't very big cut them down burn them in a pile bring the tractor in and pull the stumps.
A little dirt and you don't know they were ever there.
Shouldn't be too hard.
Cut them flush and let them rot.

Lots to backread, can't. My boy and Marie worked on his rat rod. Got a bunch done. I mostly sat and barked orders. Hopefully have a first test drive under its own power soon. 100% from scratch. Bit of welding to do before gas tank gets filled. I wish I could have a good day or two with standing and walking. Hopefully MRI has good news. I want him to be able to drive it before heading back to school.

Me to, just got to decide which direction to go in, head towards Memphis or north towards Mammoth springs, I need to go north for two reasons, so I may go that way. Go after fresh sweet corn that is..

-
Back