Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Oh I have had my share of breakdowns for sure. I think my imprisonment in Ireland was the roller coaster ride of them all though. Or mayby the escape from Turkie, hard to choose both sucked for sure.

Yeah..lol. Baynamie list infractions will get you stuck in Turkey forever

Ahh flying in and out of Sarajevo felt like landing into a bottom of a bucket with the hill steep hills.
Beautiful city so sad though with all the destruction of war.
Ever spend a night in the Azores? That was a crazy take off no mater what you were in. Lojges? I think it was. That was a reguar C-130 stop for us.

79d6ed7fc46a5b834234d13daf3599f5--azores-portugal-peaceful-places.jpg

I like the food there Actually had a main course of Wolf there it was fantastic, had no idea when I ordered it just told the girl same as his at the next table!:rofl:

Ever spend a night in the Azores? That was a crazy take off no mater what you were in. Lojges? I think it was. That was a reguar C-130 stop for us.

View attachment 1715970092

Did get screwed over by a crew after an emergency landing in Vincenza IT... Stupid loadmistress put an APU on the ramp door with a full tank of fuel...

Luckily we had our own O2 systems until we landed. Crew exited out the forward crew door..got in the van and left us on the wrong side of the red line
:mob:

What plane had a internal APU? Never saw one. Yeah that red line can suck. On your face reall fast if you crossed it.

I just remember the UN HQTS there served alcohol...two drinks/beer limit. No one really counted.

There was an Irish Pub operating on the back side of the stadium. They got Guinness in there somehow...had the barrels up in the rafters with gravity feed taps...

View attachment 1715970092
Believe it or not....Pittsfield Mass. Has a similar airstrip with the lake at the one end. How do I know? I landed a Cessna 150 there with a 55 MPH cross wind. more than the 150 could handle. It took the whole runway and about 30 feet of the grass on the down wind side. I think we were lucky that day

Got ya. I had a lot of stuff I did on C-130 APU's and GTCs as a electricitian. Hated the J models the fire loops would always screw up and give false fire warnings in flight.

I never remember a bad place because I knew it wasn't a vacation so had no great expectations.
Funny was coming home once we landed in Ireland for two hour refuel. The locals were smart and had a beer bar set up with about eight taps. The flight commander let us have two beers each. Got back on the plane and everyone fell asleep not a peep until we landed in the US.
A great experience was flying into Bangor Maine. We landed about midnight greeted by 50 locals cheering and clapping as we got off the plane. They had tables of cookies and stuff for us. They greeted every troop plane coming through and did so for years.

Believe it or not....Pittsfield Mass. Has a similar airstrip with the lake at the one end. How do I know? I landed a Cessna 150 there with a 55 MPH cross wind. more than the 150 could handle. It took the whole runway and about 30 feet of the grass on the down wind side. I think we were lucky that day

Using the over-wing window to see the runway were ya? :D

I never remember a bad place because I knew it wasn't a vacation so had no great expectations.
Funny was coming home once we landed in Ireland for two hour refuel. The locals were smart and had a beer bar set up with about eight taps. The flight commander let us have two beers each. Got back on the plane and everyone fell asleep not a peep until we landed in the US.
A great experience was flying into Bangor Maine. We landed about midnight greeted by 50 locals cheering and clapping as we got off the plane. They had tables of cookies and stuff for us. They greeted every troop plane coming through and did so for years.
Shannon had that also.

Got ya. I had a lot of stuff I did on C-130 APU's and GTCs as a electricitian. Hated the J models the fire loops would always screw up and give false fire warnings in flight.

Most hilarity on a C-17 was when the loadmaster forgot that we would depressurize after 45 minutes...he forgot to disarm the emergency O2 mask system and it spewed masks and hoses everywhere.

Shannon had that also.
Yep Shannon couldn't remember the name. Remember we landed and a good-looking Irish girl gets on for the unhoarding brief. She's done and asks if there are any questions. From the back of the plane someone shouts, "Ya could you say it's magically delicious" NO she replies.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
-
Back