Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Sometimes the internet could be your friend. I saw a YouTube video where a guy in Nebraska fixed his ECM by checking and replacing the capacitors. Work perfect in my case. Very happy. Saved probably $300 and two or three weeks of time to get it back if I sent it out.
That’s awesome! Likely wont fail again,thats the bonus

Evening all. So several years back, a buddy of mine got killed on a motorcycle crash. His dad and him were both big into hot rods. Anyway, his dad messaged me, he had a pair of very nice running 750 Holleys off his 460 ford with a tunnel Ram. He was going down to a pair of 600s and made me a really good deal on these two.

Probably gonna have to rejet them and such but they should work for my 440 enough to break it in. Hell, maybe I’ll just go tunnel ram myself lol

79076BA3-FBEE-47FA-9FE7-8BEECBD79ED6.jpeg

61BB71CD-5826-4FFB-957B-8A96D37F433D.jpeg

Evening all. So several years back, a buddy of mine got killed on a motorcycle crash. His dad and him were both big into hot rods. Anyway, his dad messaged me, he had a pair of very nice running 750 Holleys off his 460 ford with a tunnel Ram. He was going down to a pair of 600s and made me a really good deal on these two.

Probably gonna have to rejet them and such but they should work for my 440 enough to break it in. Hell, maybe I’ll just go tunnel ram myself lol

View attachment 1715994929

View attachment 1715994930
Nice!

Sometimes the internet could be your friend. I saw a YouTube video where a guy in Nebraska fixed his ECM by checking and replacing the capacitors. Work perfect in my case. Very happy. Saved probably $300 and two or three weeks of time to get it back if I sent it out.
It worked! Gotta like that.

View attachment 1715994929

View attachment 1715994930
Score !

I check youtube for almost any job I do that is even slightly complicated. Even if I know how to do it, I often find better ways. And almost every problem you have, someone else had before. With the possible exception of a valve keeper stuck by a spark plug….:wtf::mob::BangHead:

his dad messaged me, he had a pair of very nice running 750 Holleys off his 460 ford with a tunnel Ram. He was going down to a pair of 600s and made me a really good deal on these two.

Check the air horns for what they are. They're not the same. Might be the same list number 4779 but different revisions. However you never know until you check.

Generally no reason to change jetting until you've taken them out to the track and/or interstate...

Check the air horns for what they are. They're not the same. Might be the same list number 4779 but different revisions. However you never know until you check.

Generally no reason to change jetting until you've taken them out to the track and/or interstate...
3310-2
0939 on both of them.

The one has been upgraded to an electric choke and different vacuum system. The other is manual choke

Last edited:
3310-2
0939 on both of them.
H'm. My understanding is the 0939 is the date code. But we see the tallter, square cut vent tubes in this one.
1665103984481.png

The other has the shorter slash cut tubes that are common on the -3.

The vacuum pod top is different on the other one as well.

I don't think it matters you could use either use either one. IIRC no -2 came with a secondary block so those were added.
If it was me I'd map both out to know what I had. If/when you open them, feel free to ping me.

An unmolested early 3310 should be fine. IMO better than most carbs sold in the past decade or so.

The one has been upgraded to an electric choke and different vacuum system. The other is manual choke
I hate electric chokes.
if I could use a the choke coil in an intake well on every car, I would. Keeps it simple.

H'm. My understanding is the 0939 is the date code. But we see the tallter, square cut vent tubes in this one.
View attachment 1715994976
The other has the shorter slash cut tubes that are common on the -3.

The vacuum pod top is different on the other one as well.

I don't think it matters you could use either use either one. IIRC no -2 came with a secondary block so those were added.
If it was me I'd map both out to know what I had. If/when you open them, feel free to ping me.

An unmolested early 3310 should be fine. IMO better than most carbs sold in the past decade or so.

I hate electric chokes.
if I could use a the choke coil in an intake well on every car, I would. Keeps it simple.
Noted. I’ll probably be taking you up on that as well as using the book hoppy sent me.

E bay is magic sometimes. Lauren broke our drink pitcher. A friend gave it to me back in the late 70's and of course they don't make them any more. Well, a few key strokes and bingo! I found 2 and bought them both.

1665116248633.png

Morning and a Friday morning for our working mugs. Coffee is on!!

1665135981698.png

Morning: pass the coffee. Not sure I even slept last night.

Morning!
3 degrees below freezing. Maybe a high of 40. Ya, not liking this at all. Think this winter is not going to be very pleasant at all.

Morning guys Frank its cold too soon up there no wonder your joints ache.

-
Back