Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Was at Mama's house yesterday. A lot of changes in that neighborhood. The Vietnamese have been having trouble with rising water and flooding of the even small streets and roads in front of the houses. This house is right by the canal. You can't really see it but it's across from that flat pad that you'll see in my pictures. Anyhow the Vietnamese government has raised the road in front of Mama's house. Which in turn requires them to raise the level of their area in the front of their houses to prevent water coming in. So basically they are pumping dirt and sand into the front areas of the houses. This is the same procedure I did on that large parcel of land that I bought. Mama's house is next door to one of the son's houses. He has already done his. And put down new tile. There was tile where you see these pictures that I'm going to show you. And there will be tile later after they get it up to the level they want it. Not sure how much they had to pay to get the level raised in front of the house but I'm sure it wasn't real cheap.

PXL_20221111_084204980.jpg

PXL_20221111_084218110.jpg

PXL_20221111_084214745.jpg

PXL_20221111_084229126.jpg

PXL_20221111_084221505.jpg

PXL_20221111_084237008.MP~2.jpg

Last edited:
Great idea to keep the kids in Cages! :poke: :rofl:
Ya, Well I'm pretty sure you don't understand what you see. Kids in VN actually run freer than kids in the USA. 100 times safer in VN than most places in the World... Jus Sayin........

This is how some of the critters eat at my house. This is on a white wall outside of the front door of my house with a light shining on it. Obviously all of the small bugs want to go there. This guy is waiting for them. KKK k k k k k k k k k k k

PXL_20221112_105754956.jpg

Screenshot_20221112-180001.png

Screenshot_20221112-180027.png

Good morning been up back reading trying to imagine Mitch's post and how screwed up the roads are in that area.
Mitch why is the canal's water level rising?? Is it just a raining season thing??
You think they'd improve the water drainage system and raising the street level doesn't count.

Good morning been up back reading trying to imagine Mitch's post and how screwed up the roads are in that area.
Mitch why is the canal's water level rising?? Is it just a raining season thing??
You think they'd improve the water drainage system and raising the street level doesn't count.
It is the rainy season now. But ending soon. Even the road in front of my house had a little water laying in it a few weeks ago. They do the best that they can do here. I don't think there's a lot of money to do major overalls of smaller roads like that. So what they've done is raise that road with mud or sand. They will pave it eventually. But since it raises the road up the runoff from the road will run into the homes unless you also raise the level of the pad in front of the house. If any of that makes sense.

It is the rainy season now. But ending soon. Even the road in front of my house had a little water laying in it a few weeks ago. They do the best that they can do here. I don't think there's a lot of money to do major overalls of smaller roads like that. So what they've done is raise that road with mud or sand. They will pave it eventually. But since it raises the road up the runoff from the road will run into the homes unless you also raise the level of the pad in front of the house. If any of that makes sense.
It does thanks.

Yeah, the big ones make weird noises at night. But now I know what it is. I'm not worried

Morning!
Minus 11c is a little chilly. Today road trip with a couple detours. Pick up a bolt on cutting edge for my tractor and drop off a few things for my daughter. Then to southern mb for the weekend.

When we were in Florida a few weeks ago the granddaughter caught a small one. It just sat there on her forearm for about 20 minutes/

Any one spend any time in Puerto Rico? The Iguanas are all over the place there.

So get a call from a AACA guy with a 41 ply straight six. Having issues at 6000RPM! Seriously he said that. And when you turn it off it goes HUUU, HUUU,, HUU. Seriously. He wants to tow it over from Pittsburg. Have a feeling he is all screwed up and it is something simple. Like to much timing or point float. At least he said he knows nothing about cars. Two hours on that call.

So get a call from a AACA guy with a 41 ply straight six. Having issues at 6000RPM! Seriously he said that. And when you turn it off it goes HUUU, HUUU,, HUU. Seriously. He wants to tow it over from Pittsburg. Have a feeling he is all screwed up and it is something simple. Like to much timing or point float. At least he said he knows nothing about cars. Two hours on that call.
6000? My goodness. It must be some kinda hopped up jalopy.

I was telling him no way. It is stock rebuild a few years ago. It would blow up!

-
Back