Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hey how about those Chiefs last night. As we watched the game go back and forth, I kept telling Cheryl just wait until the fourth quarter.
Sure, enough they got the ball with 1:38 left, two timeouts, and only down three points.
When you have the best offense in football and the best clutch QB in history who thought (other than a Charger fan) it wasn't going to be a Chiefs win.
They're fun to watch and I'm proud to call them MY team!! GO CHIEFS!!

Glad your Chiefs did well. Can't help but respect what Mahomes and Kelce accomplish. Dude's a beast.

My Pats pulled a rabbit out of a hat after choking out the J E T S offense. Patriots aren't going anywhere this year but they need to figure out the QB position..

And as for Thanksgiving....I have a couple invites but going to my sisters. Tension kids and some do not get along. Work dinner....friends laughter and drinks.

I think you miss going to work. I personally tried the retirement but I love my job and I work with my friends. I will retire someday...maybe
I thought I would miss it but have always had so much to do and places to go. Now Cheryl has retired, and we get to spend each day together a retirement bonus in my book!! You'll find the right time to retire. Just don't wait too long there is a lot of life to live out there...just saying.

When I retired in 2001 at age 44 at first I thought it was going to be the end of the world. Did not know what to do with myself. Took a year or two to get used to it. But the most important thing I did was build a huge shop at my house with a lift so I can work on my own hot rods and have peace by myself. Have never looked back. Haven't had a job in 22 years and happy about it

Actually it's Monday evening. Small get together here only six people.
I have no idea how you do it Mitch, I would tire very quickly with a social calendar like you guys keep. But then again my family has always accused me of being anti social! There is probably a reason I bought this farm out here in BFE Arkansas. I get no guests or visitors!

When I retired in 2001 at age 44 at first I thought it was going to be the end of the world. Did not know what to do with myself. Took a year or two to get used to it. But the most important thing I did was build a huge shop at my house with a lift so I can work on my own hot rods and have peace by myself. Have never looked back. Haven't had a job in 22 years and happy about it

Military retired now getting close to retirement #2 (eligible now) .... would like to get into some consulting work just to putter around and help whom I like

I have no idea how you do it Mitch, I would tire very quickly with a social calendar like you guys keep. But then again my family has always accused me of being anti social! There is probably a reason I bought this farm out here in BFE Arkansas. I get no guests or visitors!

Nah... not anti social... selective :thumbsup:

You need that t-shirt....

I like guns, MOPARS and maybe 3 people

Hardest part of retiring was explaining to Jodi that I did not need to inform her of my every move when I left the house! Hah! I Have so much to do everyday I can’t wait to slow down a bit, just does not seem likely.
Been there done that with our recent purchase remodel, landscaping of our new place.
For over a year it was nothing but work on the house seven days a week.
I can remember I don't know how many times saying "I don't have time for that" no car shows, golf, gym, friends, nothing but work.
Then the day comes when you realize the house is to a point, I can work on it whenever and you get back to life.
Hey, it's just how we're wired and the way it is. Your place looks great, but pace yourself.

I'm only antisocial in America. Lol

This morning is MRI day on the knee. The knee has really felt good the last few weeks.
I've played golf, cardio tennis, gym workout, yardwork, up and down the stairs with no pain.
I guess I'm still going in just to make sure there is nothing hiding and plus establish a good base line for future possibilities.

Went to the Navy Exchange yesterday for a haircut long wait so I hung out in the cafeteria, lots of retired dudes, I was jealous!

Image - 2022-11-21T041709.233.jpeg

Went to the Navy Exchange yesterday for a haircut long wait so I hung out in the cafeteria, lots of retired dudes, I was jealous!

View attachment 1716013386
I usually stay away from the stores and mall on the weekends. Too many people.
I figured the working people are trying to accomplish their errands on the weekend, so we stay out of the way and do ours during the week.

-
Back