Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just a great day yesterday. Our National Civil War battlefield is gearing up for anniversary next weekend all the reenactment teams are showing up this week and setting up. It is in Prairie Grove Ar. It is a great weekend event, they open the Park and let folks in for free. Looks like Willie needs a shiny new black pick up. That is a great price. I am going to design a partition wall today to separate instructors lounge from shop. I got my old style bat wing saloon bar doors finally! Still waiting on hinges to get final dimensions tho. Crux of my problem is being able to have the old western bat wing saloon doors but then be able to seal off for AC. I think I am going to do a barn slider that I can roll out of way and hide while saloon is open then roll it back into place to seal off for AC if desired. Just not sure yet.

There's a former tavern in York, Pa. now a historic house museum that has a partition wall that partially? swings open to create a larger room. Maybe @zkx14 will know - I'm pretty sure it was in York that I saw it. It's a board partition wall - no studs. Basically T&G beadboard.

Just a great day yesterday. Our National Civil War battlefield is gearing up for anniversary next weekend all the reenactment teams are showing up this week and setting up. It is in Prairie Grove Ar. It is a great weekend event, they open the Park and let folks in for free. Looks like Willie needs a shiny new black pick up. That is a great price. I am going to design a partition wall today to separate instructors lounge from shop. I got my old style bat wing saloon bar doors finally! Still waiting on hinges to get final dimensions tho. Crux of my problem is being able to have the old western bat wing saloon doors but then be able to seal off for AC. I think I am going to do a barn slider that I can roll out of way and hide while saloon is open then roll it back into place to seal off for AC if desired. Just not sure yet.
The barn door roll out would fit right in with the saloon doors. You can say it's the saloon security door should there be a shootout...haha!!

Last edited:
There's a former tavern in York, Pa. now a historic house museum that has a partition wall that partially? swings open to create a larger room. Maybe @zkx14 will know - I'm pretty sure it was in York that I saw it. It's a board partition wall - no studs. Basically T&G beadboard.
Don’t know…
Good Morning

Still out in the sticks… Not sure if we are staying another night. TBD. Here is Alex yesterday. They have ducks, chickens and his wife got a pair of these from her parents for her birthday last year. They were free range till one was on a neighbor’s roof and they crapped all over the other neighbors porch while they were away a few days and were staring at them through their window. LOL

01559D25-693A-4D06-987A-C6DE91289BAD.jpeg

3950?!! That’s it… buy that *****

PS, what size fuel tank? I have a 20 gallon one for one of those but they came with 15, 20, 35

Says he has the tank just needs installed.

Where are the common rust points on these? Cab mounts, fender wells... other things to look at with this model? I had a 92 250 diesel but it was an Arizona truck.

Still out in the sticks… Not sure if we are staying another night. TBD. Here is Alex yesterday. They have ducks, chickens and his wife got a pair of these from her parents for her birthday last year. They were free range till one was on a neighbor’s roof and they crapped all over the other neighbors porch while they were away a few days and were staring at them through their window. LOL

View attachment 1716014984

Those things are abnoxious as are all pea fowl I think :rolleyes:

They look really cool though

View attachment 1716014984
Peacocks are great watch dogs! You want some noise? They can deliver!

Peacocks are great watch dogs! You want some noise? They can deliver!
I got the rest of the rooftop story.. Neighbor’s dog chased them out of the woods. They flew to 2 different rooftops and called to each other for the next 45 minutes. :eek:

Got firebird back together. With coil cut and preloaded for missing parts it sits less like a gasser now. Adjust rockers and new valve cover gaskets next week, then mechanical is done. Oops, no, shifter needs work.

separate instructors lounge from shop

This is essential....

Always need a spot for the "I" gang to congregate

At the FreeFall School, all of the "Not suitable for work" class photos and plaques were on the wall in the Instructor lounge They were hilarious. I think they had some progressive snowflake sh%#bag Commander come in one night and pull them all down

This is essential....

Always need a spot for the "I" gang to congregate

At the FreeFall School, all of the "Not suitable for work" class photos and plaques were on the wall in the Instructor lounge They were hilarious. I think they had some progressive snowflake sh%#bag Commander come in one night and pull them all down
Exactly!
Commanders like that are simply not steeped in tradition and history. In one misguided moment he eradicated years of trust, history and camaraderie, not to mention eradication of any chance that men would follow him. Those guys need to be greeters at Walmart.

Exactly!
Commanders like that are simply not steeped in tradition and history. In one misguided moment he eradicated years of trust, history and camaraderie, not to mention eradication of any chance that men would follow him. Those guys need to be greeters at Walmart.

Who doesn't want to see a class photo of 20- some Special Operation's barrel chested freedom fighters with dead serious steely eyed gazes at the camera naked from the waist down? :rofl:

Who doesn't want to see a class photo of 20- some Special Operation's barrel chested freedom fighters with dead serious steely eyed gazes at the camera naked from the waist down? :rofl:
Ok I am laughing so hard I got tears in my eyes. I vaguely recall a similar picture of a group of men wearing very nice turtle necks (that’s it) standing waist deep in a pool with a liberated full size skeleton.

Says he has the tank just needs installed.

Where are the common rust points on these? Cab mounts, fender wells... other things to look at with this model? I had a 92 250 diesel but it was an Arizona truck.
Floor pans where the bench seat mounts meet

-
Back