Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Prototype

prototype.jpg

?? that is the gasket and the manifold... Check it against the head.. good call. didn't think of that.
The mounting bolt relation to ports varied quite about on the factory heads. Same on the exhaust ports.

Way back in the archives there's a post by oldmanmopar about it.
We found it was also true when building headers. Header companies use one of several work arounds but they generally just make the holes sloppy big.

Anyway I'd do what Hoppy said. Compare with each head.
IMO First priority is seal.
Second is getting the top and sides so they line up or step down going into the head.

The mounting bolt relation to ports varied quite about on the factory heads. Same on the exhaust ports.

Way back in the archives there's a post by oldmanmopar about it.
We found it was also true when building headers. Header companies use one of several work arounds but they generally just make the holes sloppy big.

Anyway I'd do what Hoppy said. Compare with each head.
IMO First priority is seal.
Second is getting the top and sides so they line up or step down going into the head.
Well, the gasket is hanging in the intake port cause the bolt holes are so far off... that's a defect issue.. i left a voicemail with edelbrock, just waiting now

Got one still sitting in the box. It might as well be a roundtuit file.
What pisses me off is that this thing cost double what a chevy one costs and they can't even make it correctly.. i hate getting screwed on prices for the same item

What pisses me off is that this thing cost double what a chevy one costs and they can't even make it correctly.. i hate getting screwed on prices for the same item
Can't remember what I paid - probably a good thing.
My thinking is the runners are more consistant and smaller cross section than the LD340; therefore better mid throttle and lower rpm velocity.
Never seem to have time to get to experiments like that. Also still have a single plane Holley Street Dominator from my previous motor. Want to give it a chance too. Anyway getting off topic.

Here's a couple of Steve's posts on lining 'em up.
Anybody go from performer to an rpm air gap

Interesting story.
Hot pink cuda convertible,in our local centennial parade in 1970. Rare color. Was repainted orange and cared for for many years. Recently the car was restored to its original glory and is on the car show tour. The young lady that rode around in that car in 1970 is touring with the car. She wasnt around when i was taking pictures.

B927133F-E5D7-4DC4-8BD4-DC6EC61D0478.jpeg

4771DE75-EBC9-4A45-8B91-6C3B904EBC1C.jpeg

Here's a couple of Steve's posts on lining 'em up.
Anybody go from performer to an rpm air gap

I'm gonna be doing that and also running scope down to make sure they are lined up properly when i setup the motor.. i have like 2 months til the heads show up though.. and no point if it's so far off a gasket barely fits :)

Why can't I find the pictures of Freds beer truck?

Too bad you can't just search threads for posts that include an attachment/image

Can't remember what I paid - probably a good thing.
My thinking is the runners are more consistant and smaller cross section than the LD340; therefore better mid throttle and lower rpm velocity.
Never seem to have time to get to experiments like that. Also still have a single plane Holley Street Dominator from my previous motor. Want to give it a chance too. Anyway getting off topic.
The Street Dominator is a heck of an intake. I think they’re the best single plane street intake for big blocks and there’s numbers to back that up. If Holley hadn’t discontinued it in the 90s, I think it’d be more popular than the Performer RPM.

I took me nearly 7 years to track down a good Street dominator for my 440. And as soon as I did, I ditched the Torker II I had.

The funny part is, as great as the big block version is, the small block Street Dominator sucked so bad it barely was an upgrade over the two barrel factory. Mainly cause they made the port the same size as factory 318. If they’d made them 360 size, especially on the exhaust, it’d helped

Last edited:
The Street Dominator is a heck of an intake. I think they’re the best single plane street intake for big blocks and there’s numbers to back that up. If Holley hadn’t discontinued it in the 90s, I think it’d be more popular than the Performer RPM.

I took me nearly 7 years to track down a good Street dominator for my 440. And as soon as I did, I ditched the Torker II I had.

The funny part is, as great as the big block version is, the small block Street Dominator sucked so bad it barely was an upgrade over the two barrel factory. Mainly cause they made the port the same size as factory 318. If they’d made them 360 size, especially on the exhaust, it’d helped
Interesting. The Direct Connection Bible says to use the Torker (maybe Torker II) but that was written in the 70s

Home from work and not a bad day even after working on a new Ford pick up I didn't curse Ford at all working on it.
That's a first for me.

Definitely a Monday! Just tell me what is NOT a ‘high priority’ so I can take it off the list! :BangHead:

Interesting. The Direct Connection Bible says to use the Torker (maybe Torker II) but that was written in the 70s
Torker was okay, the Torker II came out after and was much better.

In hindsight I should have held onto the Torker II. Would have been cool to see a comparison on the dyno with the same long block

-
Back