Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
gap is 0.045
I lost all respect for champion plugs in the last few years. Have seen a few fail. Center electrode coming loose is one. Cracked insulators too. Lets not get into the improper installation thing as i have changed a coupe sets in my lifetime, and always use proper spark plug sockets.

I wouldn't blame the plugs on that though.. they look really lean (to me) also... never saw a buildup like that before

nc_ohc=Lpt1qGkrxNoAX8FFJdm&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-2.jpg

I believe it to be oil or coolant. Not sure what that looks like in comparison. Also, I can't figure out why the rest of the plug is clean

Front end kit showed up... looks like i ordered it with new spindle bolts but will probably use my stock ones as i like kotter pins not nyloks for that :) UPS guy wasn't happy bout carrying it.. but that's life :)

I believe it to be oil or coolant. Not sure what that looks like in comparison. Also, I can't figure out why the rest of the plug is clean
Did it even develop a spark kernal?
I'd expect some indicator of flame development.
Here's where a scope and some experience with it could be helpful.

Check the secondary wire and cap for anything different on that cylinder
Put a different plug in and see what happens.

Maybe run a spark tester in line to see if spark look weak.

Did it even develop a spark kernal?
I'd expect some indicator of flame development.
Here's where a scope and some experience with it could be helpful.

Check the secondary wire and cap for anything different on that cylinder
Put a different plug in and see what happens.

Maybe run a spark tester in line to see if spark look weak.
This was on Dad's car. He swapped plugs, and wires. Stays in cylinder #1. I would like to cut this one and see what it looks like at the radius of the porcelain. I wonder if the terminal on the cap is at a greater distance or out of position, maybe?

Didn't get much done personally or around the garage today. Took the daughter to get signed up for her social security card first thing this morning. Got home took the wife to lunch with an old friend of mine. Came home watched a little TV. Heck maybe I'll even turn on the hockey game now. Going to start on this mustang I have here tomorrow for clutch. Should be fun.

Didn't get much done personally or around the garage today. Took the daughter to get signed up for her social security card first thing this morning. Got home took the wife to lunch with an old friend of mine. Came home watched a little TV. Heck maybe I'll even turn on the hockey game now. Going to start on this mustang I have here tomorrow for clutch. Should be fun.
Game is one sided . More fun watching grass grow !:BangHead:

Puck drop in just a few! Woo Hoo!
Yep, son just text me , let me ask you who will win ? Mikie as you can tell I don't watch Hockey or know much about it. Have you ever been to this 4 day event? Takes two days to see everything some times, here is the information, Treva and I have been going for over 30 years.. this with be the 65th year .
Sounds like a busy day on your feet Mitch, clutch! Oh no, not me anyway.

Screenshot_20230605-205251_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20230605-204848_Chrome.jpg

2:30 and just made a coffee. Been up for an hour, its unbearable to say the least. Sitting, standing, laying down nothing changes.
Double up on dosage of aleve and it may taper off.
And our tv just took a dump. 7 months old.

Whew! Disaster averted.
Unplugged, reset software and all good. Had to adjust screen size and adjust audio.

Still awake,2nd cup.
18° and rising to 30°, about 85f. With 88% humidity its going to be another ugly day. Will try to get more mowing done.
Probably take a nap shortly.

Yep, son just text me , let me ask you who will win ? Mikie as you can tell I don't watch Hockey or know much about it. Have you ever been to this 4 day event? Takes two days to see everything some times, here is the information, Treva and I have been going for over 30 years.. this with be the 65th year .

Sounds like a busy day on your feet Mitch, clutch! Oh no, not me anyway.

View attachment 1716098774

View attachment 1716098775
Let me know when you are going and I will see about meeting you there. I have to do a bunch of work with a Church security Team this week and weekend but I should be done by then?

I am just sipping my green tea waiting for some daylight, trying to beat the heat. I got hot yesterday for sure. I drank about 900 gallons of water! Can’t wait to get all this substructure done on the deck. Once that is done I can work from the top and not be on a ladder all day. My feet are killing me!

Eric, No idea what happened to that plug. Was it hit on grease going in and burned most of it off? New one on me.

-
Back