Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It was a busy day here. Had breakfast with my dad. Then I got all the leaves out of the yard and my neighbors yard. Hopefully mowed for the last time and weed whacked. The flower beds are all cleaned up also. Ended the day with dinner out to celebrate my daughters birthday.

IMG_4184.jpeg
Good luck tomorrow @Frodee. You’ll get it.

It was a busy day here. Had breakfast with my dad. Then I got all the leaves out of the yard and my neighbors yard. Hopefully mowed for the last time and weed whacked. The flower beds are all cleaned up also. Ended the day with dinner out to celebrate my daughters birthday.

View attachment 1716165486
Happy Birthday to your daughter.
Dinner looks interesting and looks delicious.

Surprise visit from UPS this afternoon. McMaster must have missed that they now deliver on Saturdays. Actually got a good driver, rang the bell and hid the package. Bonus - delviered to correct house. :thumbsup:

So now I have the all stainless hose clamps for the heep (and lots of extras), Rubber bumpers for the new fan shroud ,and an inner tube for the hand truck.
:)

Tommorrow or Monday I'll get a new radiator hose and finish that project.

Surprise visit from UPS this afternoon. McMaster must have missed that they now deliver on Saturdays. Actually got a good driver, rang the bell and hid the package. Bonus - delviered to correct house. :thumbsup:

So now I have the all stainless hose clamps for the heep (and lots of extras), Rubber bumpers for the new fan shroud ,and an inner tube for the hand truck.
:)

Tommorrow or Monday I'll get a new radiator hose and finish that project.
Pictures please.:thumbsup:

Evening peoples, got to the mid 50 today. Got the DeSoto out and drove to NAPA for some oil and filters. Nice to get it out for a spin.

9D5668B6-E64C-4DEC-8A31-ED2461249485.jpeg

574D1CC7-A5AE-4020-9B2E-C55F56B5C9AB.jpeg

355E3DDA-FDB1-49C5-B67B-C6FEDC29951E.jpeg

Pictures please.:thumbsup:
1699749940967.png

Ideal-Tridon, American flag on the side, Assembled in Mexico on top. LOL
Wider with the long tail.

1699750041586.png

Made in Vietnam. Now the funny part is the hand truck came from a guy from Vietnam who rented the next garage over. I told he didn't need to buy a whole new wheel and tire, and he gave me the handtruck for reasons I don't recall. Maybe cause he was moving out.

Rubber bumpers no picture yet.
Here's where they go.
The repop shroud had hard plastic ones glued on. Weird.
1699750283428.png

When I was putting the hose back on, I felt a divit underneath. Must have been rubbing against the compressor when the side mount broke.
1699750441667.png

Rubber bumpers no picture yet.
Here's where they go.
The repop shroud had hard plastic ones glued on. Weird.
View attachment 1716165509

When I was putting the hose back on, I felt a divit underneath. Must have been rubbing against the compressor when the side mount broke.
View attachment 1716165510
That top radiator hose sure looks close to the A/C pully. And not sure what the tab on the top of the shroud would be for?

I actually thought about repairing this.
1699750825582.png

Genuine 1960s (maybe) resin and hardner.
1699750928887.png

Too bad the resin was hard as rock. LOL
1699750987033.png

I kept the filler and tossed the resin. Was going to buy something fresh but found they were making repops of the shroud. Worth the wait and the $$

1699751157104.png

That top radiator hose sure looks close to the A/C pully.
It clears that pretty well.
1699751933328.png

The different brand hoses all fit differently. Go figure. We had a discussion on IFSJA about whether the hose should have a hump in it. The Gates hose only fits that way but it also results in the hose higher than the top tank. Factory brochures show it more flat, but at least some jeeps came with a sleeve over hose.

1699751633473.png

1699751540315.png

And not sure what the tab on the top of the shroud would be for?

The buttons just seem to contact the top tank. Don't really know why.

I actually thought about repairing this.
View attachment 1716165512

Genuine 1960s (maybe) resin and hardner.
View attachment 1716165516

Too bad the resin was hard as rock. LOL
View attachment 1716165517

I kept the filler and tossed the resin. Was going to buy something fresh but found they were making repops of the shroud. Worth the wait and the $$

View attachment 1716165520
Think if you fabricate a metal plate and glue it in with some metal bonding glue it would be good.

One of my customers is a marine. He bought their wedding ring from me before he was deployed to Afghanistan. He made arrangements with me and sent me payments for some nice diamond earrings for his wife. Then he called her and had her stop by "to get her ring checked". He called her from Iraq while she was in the store and we presented her earrings as well as her favorite german chocolate frosting (no cake) and a candle with her birthday number on top. Yes, she cried. Later we recieved a package from him. He had a flight dedicated to our store, which I proudly display to this day.

Resized_20231111_105043.jpeg

Resized_20231111_105004.jpeg

One of my customers is a marine. He bought their wedding ring from me before he was deployed to Afghanistan. He made arrangements with me and sent me payments for some nice diamond earrings for his wife. Then he called her and had her stop by "to get her ring checked". He called her from Iraq while she was in the store and we presented her earrings as well as her favorite german chocolate frosting (no cake) and a candle with her birthday number on top. Yes, she cried. Later we recieved a package from him. He had a flight dedicated to our store, which I proudly display to this day.

View attachment 1716165555

View attachment 1716165558
You did good my friend and wish there were more like you in taking pride in there work and customers.

View attachment 1716165486
Do you hire out for yard work?

Morning gang not much up a 4am other than me. Two days in a row I really need to figure this out. In the meantime, coffee is on, so let's get to it!! Have a great day!!

-
Back